Dwight Howard: "Trade me to Brooklyn" - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dwight Howard: "Trade me to Brooklyn"

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Postby Rizzo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Numerous reports have come out in which Dwight sat down with the new GM of the Magic and has told him he wants to be dealt to the Brooklyn Nets. It remains to be seen of the Magic GM will in fact grant him his wish, but I can't help but dislike Dwight more and more as this thing goes on.

If he did not want to stay a member of the Magic, he should never have opted in to the final season of his contract. He use the excuse that he is too loyal, but now your just holding the franchise hostage. I'm sure that type of loyalty doesn't help anyone involved.

ESPN also reported that Dwight and his agent are asking the NBAPA to file a suit against the Magic to void this final year of his contract, that he opted in to, and allow him to become a FA now. Is this guy for real?
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Dwight Howard:

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:04 pm

What a complete shizz show. Worse than The Decision? I think so. I have no time for primadonna schmucks and their one team trade lists. Orlando should just tell him to take a hike, or trade him to some other team. Like the Shanghai Sharks. :-b I suspect he's getting really poor advice form someone, because he's really too dim to think this crap up on his own.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby silentjim » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, he's starting make Lebron look normal, which is insane.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Just pathetic. Dude doesn't deserve any more thought...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 pm

I wish the NBA would make some sort of franchise tag so that for guys like this, a team could trade for him and force him to stay at least another year because he's tagged. The NBA is plagued with these guys and their trade demands that it is killing the sport for small market teams.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:26 am

Chance to Brooklyn via a trade has all but vanished now?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rizzo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:43 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Chance to Brooklyn via a trade has all but vanished now?

That's what was originally thought, but talks are heating up for him to still go to Brooklyn. He would be dealt for Lopez, Humphries, MarShon Brooks and Brooklyn's first round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017.

Imagine a lineup of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Green, Gerald Wallace and Dwight Howard?
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Rizzo wrote:

That's what was originally thought, but talks are heating up for him to still go to Brooklyn. He would be dealt for Lopez, Humphries, MarShon Brooks and Brooklyn's first round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017.

Imagine a lineup of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Green, Gerald Wallace and Dwight Howard?

Yeah as much as Joe Johnson is being overpaid, they really didn't give a ton of value for him. Still plenty of assets to move to acquire Howard if its logistical. Seems like people now think it is, or still is.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Rizzo wrote:

Kind of meh if you ask me especially when you consider the Nets could be a perennial playoff contender.
RedHopeful

Postby geodbear » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 am

Sounds like Howard is heading to the Lakers. Pretty big deal with Bynum and Jason Richardson to the Sixers, Iguodala to Denver, and assorted pieces (Afflalo, Harrington, Vucevic, Harkless, and picks) to Orlando.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates