Dynasty Rankings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Dynasty Rankings

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Dynasty Rankings

Postby Rizzo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:Where would you mix in the European players in your rankings primarily Valanciunas, Schved and Fournier.

I don't have a concrete set of rankings just yet, but considering the uncertainty of all three of those players having never played in the NBA, I'd be a little skeptical about all of them. Valanciunas would be the first I would consider because he's clearly the higher touted prospect of the three and is also a center, which is a rarer commodity. With that said, I don't have a single clue at what round I would take them at just yet.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Dynasty Rankings

Postby Rizzo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Just an update: the draft has started today and we are only five picks in to it. The first five picks went in this order: Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul.

My original plan was to land Kyrie Irving at 8. I'm now thinking of taking LaMarcus Aldridge at 8 if he falls and then hoping that Irving or Ty Lawson are available at my pick at #17. What do you guys think about that?
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jphanned » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Rizzo wrote:My original plan was to land Kyrie Irving at 8. I'm now thinking of taking LaMarcus Aldridge at 8 if he falls and then hoping that Irving or Ty Lawson are available at my pick at #17. What do you guys think about that?

If this is a semi-competent league, there's no way Kyrie is there for you at 17. Doubt Lawson would make it either. I'd just grab him there at 8 - won't be much difference in value this year between the two, if any.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:01 pm

In a Dynasty I don't see any possible way Kyrie makes it to 17. And I like Kyrie better than Aldridge there at 8. I just feel like you'd have an easier time of finding Aldridge like #'s in the second at his position than you would Kyrie like #'s at his position in the 2nd. It's of course reasonable to hope for Lawson to be there at 17. Depends on how much your league mates value Youth. Depends on how you feel about the Big Men there Ibaka/M Gasol/Millsap? Maybe Monroe. Let's say you gamble and someone snakes you on Lawson. Your next tier of PG's is Curry/Conley/Jennings. All nice but nowhere near what you could have in Kyrie.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Dynasty Rankings

Postby Rizzo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 am

I was preferring Irving and then hoping to grab a young big in the 2nd. This is H2H if that makes a difference.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rizzo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:18 pm

The sixth pick was Dwyane Wade and then Dwight Howard went seventh. I grabbed Kyrie Irving with my #8 pick. Here's to hoping a young, talented big falls back to me at #17.

Also, this is my first time ever playing with these managers. They've all been together for a long time playing, so they know each other pretty well. I'm basically on the outside of the friend circle looking in, which could be a good thing for me. I'm hoping they aren't too familiar with BBM. Unfortunately with it being a H2H league, they are able to take on players like Dwight Howard without fully realizing their deficiencies.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rizzo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 pm

After I selected Kyrie Irving, here's how the teams after me have paired up their first and second round picks:

Team 9: Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka
Team 10: Andrew Bynum, Rajon Rondo
Team 11: Derrick Rose, Deron Williams
Team 12: Josh Smith, DeMarcus Cousins

With that said, I am pretty much locked in to LaMarcus Aldridge, right? I couldn't justify drafting Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson over him IMO.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Rizzo wrote:After I selected Kyrie Irving, here's how the teams after me have paired up their first and second round picks:

Team 9: Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka
Team 10: Andrew Bynum, Rajon Rondo
Team 11: Derrick Rose, Deron Williams
Team 12: Josh Smith, DeMarcus Cousins

With that said, I am pretty much locked in to LaMarcus Aldridge, right? I couldn't justify drafting Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson over him IMO.

1) Aldridge
2) Jefferson
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby Rizzo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks Red. Pretty much a no-brainer at this point since he's only 27-years old and has posted BBM rankings of 12 in 2010-2011 and 9 in 2011-2012. With the Blazers' roster devoid of much other talent, Aldridge should continue to be the man for years to come.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:50 pm

There have been some minor rumblings that Aldridge might get traded, depending on how far along Portland looks in their rebuild this season.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions