Kenneth Fareid's Minutes - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Kenneth Fareid's Minutes

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Kenneth Fareid's Minutes

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Even with the Birdman getting Amnestied, Denvers PF,C situation is still pretty crowded. Does anyone have a good read on how Fareid's minutes will play out.. Does he definitely get the lion's share of minutes over Harrington?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Kenneth Fareid's Minutes

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah, I think Faried plays the lion's share of the minutes there for sure. Not only is he young and really good, but Harrington is old and mostly washed up. I'd draft him with some confidence that he'll play closer to 30mpg than 25, which would put him somewhere around a double double with a block and a steal if his production from last year holds.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:44 pm

I'll be curious to see how this shakes out. Faried and McGee play semi-similar games in that neither is super offensively skilled. That being said, though Koufos and Mozgov are kind of flat footed bigs, they aren't the worst players in the NBA either. Technically speaking Faried plays a much better PF than C, which should be good for him. I can see the 25-30 minutes a game being pretty accurate, but I am afraid it could come in 15-20 minutes some games and 35 minutes others depending on match-up and such.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby cnote23 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 pm

on avg. i would say 25 but it could be more or less depending on match ups. I see 10ppg and 7 boards per game
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 am

Over the last 18 games of the season Fareid averaged about 26 minutes a game. Considering he had a simply marvelous rookie season I really don't see his minutes dropping off. Not when Harrington is the stiff trying to push for minutes. I could get behind a number around 27 or 28 minutes maybe, but I just don't see it any lower than that.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Over the last 18 games of the season Fareid averaged about 26 minutes a game. Considering he had a simply marvelous rookie season I really don't see his minutes dropping off. Not when Harrington is the stiff trying to push for minutes. I could get behind a number around 27 or 28 minutes maybe, but I just don't see it any lower than that.

I just have concerns with McGee and the money Denver offered him this past off season.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

silentjim wrote:I just have concerns with McGee and the money Denver offered him this past off season.

I'm not that worried. I think Denver's ideal front court right now is McGee/Fareid anyway, and I expect to see them push minute in both players' direction. Mozgov, Koufos, and Harrington might stop either or both from getting into mid-to-high 30's for minutes, but I was never expecting that to be the case anyway.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 am

cnote23 said
on avg. i would say 25 but it could be more or less depending on match ups. I see 10ppg and 7 boards per game

In the playoffs, Fareid averaged 27.4 minutes a game. averaged 10 points and 10 boards and a block a game.
in the regular season Fareid Averaged 22.5 minutes a game. Averaged 10 points, 7.7 boards a game. Just sayin :-) 7 boards too low IMO

Think/Hope, if McGee does get a boost in minutes it'll come at the expense of Mozgov/Harrington.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby leon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Looks to be in line for major minutes with Al Harr out of town.
leon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 22)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

leon wrote:Looks to be in line for major minutes with Al Harr out of town.

Definitely helps but I still envision Karl giving some other small guys time at the 4 - namely Gallo and Chandler.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers