Question about fantasy basketball playoffs - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question about fantasy basketball playoffs

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Question about fantasy basketball playoffs

Postby tecmo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:27 am

I'm new to fantasy basketball. I'm curious if it's common to cut out some of the last regular season games for the playoffs. Like in the NFL, where teams sit stars on week 17 to prevent injury. Does fantasy basketball cut out some regular season games for the playoffs? If so, what is the common amount of games to cut out? thanks
tecmo
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: Question about fantasy basketball playoffs

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Some leagues do, some don't. If you're using the base settings on Yahoo or ESPN what you get is an extended final playoff week (1 1/2 weeks long). What I prefer, personally, is to cut that last play period off and start playoffs a week earlier. That avoids all the annoying will he sit? scenarios and is generally fairer to all the teams involved. You should be able to chose when to start playoffs when you set up your league.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cnote23 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Fenris is right also some leagues do a 2 week chapionship playoff which should offset some of the final games. one thin in basketball is you have some of the rookies and second year players get more court time the last couple of games that make could quick pick ups then.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 240)

Postby Muharem23 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:27 pm

cnote23 wrote:...one thin in basketball is you have some of the rookies and second year players get more court time the last couple of games that make could quick pick ups then.

It depends on what kind of league you are in....

If your league is NOT keepers I would say to leave it the way it is and let the finals end on the last day of the regular season. If you league is not keepers, you can easily dump players that will likely be rested and replace them with young players and bench players that will see more time because of this...

HOWEVER if you're league is a keeper league you must delete the last ten days or week f the regular season. It is unfair to those that have assembled a strong team with playoff bound players to loose the final because their stars are being rested. And you can't expect them to drop their stars if it's a keeper league. Also if it's a keeper league make sure you have enough IR spots. I always have 2.
Commissioner of all "Super ... Hardcore" fantasy leagues.
I have dibs on Lakers in NBA 2K13!!!
Muharem23
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Commissioner's Corner