2012-13 Sleepers - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Sleepers

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I understand he isn't the most NBA smart player, but still, the talent he brings to the table is amazing and he is a force. Do a couple mental mistakes really counter the production?


I will say it's frustrating that young guards can make a ton of mental mistakes, but young bigs can't. Why not?
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11495
(Past Year: 726)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby Yilun » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 pm

I drafted Dorrell Wright in the 10th round in a few of my leagues and he's been really paying dividends so far. With Bynum's return being pushed back indefinitely at this point, I can see his PT continue to be pretty steady in the upcoming month or two. Hopefully, he will have earned his way into a permanent spot in the rotation even with Bynum's return. This should help sustain his value (or at least I hope so). I don't think he'll match the career numbers he put up in his first year with the Warriors because his minutes aren't going to be as high, but he's currently putting up very decent lines.

On the flip side of that coin, my Lou Williams has totally been a bust so far. I saw that he was battling illness the last couple of games so I hope he'll turn it around. I'm surprised that he's not getting more usage in ATL where they seemed to be absolutely starved for offense.
Image
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3276
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 6 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

Yilun wrote:I drafted Dorrell Wright in the 10th round in a few of my leagues and he's been really paying dividends so far. With Bynum's return being pushed back indefinitely at this point, I can see his PT continue to be pretty steady in the upcoming month or two. Hopefully, he will have earned his way into a permanent spot in the rotation even with Bynum's return. This should help sustain his value (or at least I hope so). I don't think he'll match the career numbers he put up in his first year with the Warriors because his minutes aren't going to be as high, but he's currently putting up very decent lines.

On the flip side of that coin, my Lou Williams has totally been a bust so far. I saw that he was battling illness the last couple of games so I hope he'll turn it around. I'm surprised that he's not getting more usage in ATL where they seemed to be absolutely starved for offense.

Dorell Wright was a target of mine in both of my leagues, and I have him.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

User avatar

Posts: 188
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby Dongmunch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am

Yea I picked up Dorell in all 3 of my leagues late. He led me to glory two years ago and made me sad last year.

I have Lou in my main league (sig) and hope he steps it up when he's past all his illnesses and headaches and all that. He better be getting minutes.
LOD - Standard Yahoo 12team 9cat
Westbrook/Ellis/MoWill/LouWill
Thornton/Redick
Gay/DWright/Carter
Brand/Mullens
Cousins/BLopez
Dongmunch
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 39
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby lastemp3ror » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 am

In terms of who is still a sleeper, I would maybe put Shumpert on that list. When he was healthy last year he was a beast. I may take a chance on him in 6-8 weeks from now if my team is doing well. I am assuming he will get plenty of minutes, anyone disagree with that?
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1385
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The District

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby plonden » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 am

lastemp3ror wrote:In terms of who is still a sleeper, I would maybe put Shumpert on that list. When he was healthy last year he was a beast. I may take a chance on him in 6-8 weeks from now if my team is doing well. I am assuming he will get plenty of minutes, anyone disagree with that?

I'm a Shumpert fan but I'm staying away from him this season. I've learned by getting burned over the years to stay away from guys coming back from ACL or Achilles injuries. This season that means I stayed away from guys like Rubio and Rose and I won't pick up guys like Billups and Shumpert. It seems like there are always setbacks with these type of injuries and even if everything goes just right it takes guys longer to get back into game shape and get past some of the mental hurdles (not cutting as hard, etc). Let someone else deal with the headache.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4056
(Past Year: 77)
Joined: 27 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby Yilun » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 am

plonden wrote:
lastemp3ror wrote:In terms of who is still a sleeper, I would maybe put Shumpert on that list. When he was healthy last year he was a beast. I may take a chance on him in 6-8 weeks from now if my team is doing well. I am assuming he will get plenty of minutes, anyone disagree with that?

I'm a Shumpert fan but I'm staying away from him this season. I've learned by getting burned over the years to stay away from guys coming back from ACL or Achilles injuries. This season that means I stayed away from guys like Rubio and Rose and I won't pick up guys like Billups and Shumpert. It seems like there are always setbacks with these type of injuries and even if everything goes just right it takes guys longer to get back into game shape and get past some of the mental hurdles (not cutting as hard, etc). Let someone else deal with the headache.


I think Shump has shown an amazing recovery ability as evident last year when he returned very early from the knee injury at the beginning of the season. Considering that he's pretty young, I don't think this injury will really cause any set-backs for him. But on the other hand, I do fully agree 100% that when a player suffers a major type of injury, they are bound to be a bit timid/hesitant to go all-out on the injured body part when they return. It's a mental block that may take several weeks to get over. Couple that with the fact that Knicks are sure to curtail his minutes and work him back slowly. That's alot of potential delays that would make Shumpert making a huge fantasy splash quite doubtful.

Double that with someone like Billups who has age also bearing down on him.
Image
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3276
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 6 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby lastemp3ror » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Yilun wrote:
plonden wrote:
lastemp3ror wrote:In terms of who is still a sleeper, I would maybe put Shumpert on that list. When he was healthy last year he was a beast. I may take a chance on him in 6-8 weeks from now if my team is doing well. I am assuming he will get plenty of minutes, anyone disagree with that?

I'm a Shumpert fan but I'm staying away from him this season. I've learned by getting burned over the years to stay away from guys coming back from ACL or Achilles injuries. This season that means I stayed away from guys like Rubio and Rose and I won't pick up guys like Billups and Shumpert. It seems like there are always setbacks with these type of injuries and even if everything goes just right it takes guys longer to get back into game shape and get past some of the mental hurdles (not cutting as hard, etc). Let someone else deal with the headache.


I think Shump has shown an amazing recovery ability as evident last year when he returned very early from the knee injury at the beginning of the season. Considering that he's pretty young, I don't think this injury will really cause any set-backs for him. But on the other hand, I do fully agree 100% that when a player suffers a major type of injury, they are bound to be a bit timid/hesitant to go all-out on the injured body part when they return. It's a mental block that may take several weeks to get over. Couple that with the fact that Knicks are sure to curtail his minutes and work him back slowly. That's alot of potential delays that would make Shumpert making a huge fantasy splash quite doubtful.

Double that with someone like Billups who has age also bearing down on him.


Yeah maybe 8 weeks from now is too early to grab Shumpert but my gut is telling me that he will play a big role with the Knicks by early/mid-February. He is great on defense, and loves attacking the rim. Shumpert isn't like Amare, Rose, or Rubio where people are holding onto them and taking up a roster spot. I think the upside that he brings while not taking up a spot on your roster makes him very appealing. I think everyone should be monitoring his injury status and his performance.
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1385
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The District

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby Yilun » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:15 pm

I think if you have a specialized team and are in need of padding your steals, he may be a good candidate.
Image
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3276
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 6 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: 2012-13 Sleepers

Postby Yilun » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 am

I'm never going to post anything on sleeper threads ever again. As soon as I give props to Dorrell Wright, he completely goes to crap. I guess fantasy kharma is still alive, well and kicking it strong. Jeez, doesn't it ever take a break? It must be exhausting trying to constantly screw people over all day :-°
Image
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3276
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 6 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues



Get Ready...
The 2014 NBA season starts in 5:46 hours
(and 91 days)


  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact