2012-13 Busts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Busts

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Busts

Postby cnote23 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:I expect Kobe to take a pretty big hit. Also not sure if Tyson Chandler can live up to last season's numbers. I think David Lee's number might take a hit, particularly rebounding - although a lot of that depends on whether Bogut can stay freak injury free.
all of these are possiable but Kobe will still be Kobe and he will be still a solid fantasy value . Tyson yes he did have a great season he will be solid but his draft slot is a little high if you can grab someone like hibbert I would. Lee could take a hit but with Bogut's track record i dont think we have anything to worry about.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 pm

I know Brandon Roy is going quite late in most drafts but this isn't encouraging:

What is even more interesting is head coach Rick Adelman seems to echo these sentiments. In a recent interview from owner Glen Taylor, he was quoted as saying that Adelman has told him that he didn’t know if Roy can play. This new development is interesting because Roy could be the best two guard the Timberwolves will have in a long time, but if the coach doesn’t trust him, then he could very well be a bench warmer in many of the games in the new season.

Rant Sports
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 pm

RedHopeful wrote:I know Brandon Roy is going quite late in most drafts but this isn't encouraging:

What is even more interesting is head coach Rick Adelman seems to echo these sentiments. In a recent interview from owner Glen Taylor, he was quoted as saying that Adelman has told him that he didn’t know if Roy can play. This new development is interesting because Roy could be the best two guard the Timberwolves will have in a long time, but if the coach doesn’t trust him, then he could very well be a bench warmer in many of the games in the new season.

Rant Sports

I think that Shved may play a larger role than we think. Any thoughts of Shved as a sleeper?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 156)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I know Brandon Roy is going quite late in most drafts but this isn't encouraging:

Rant Sports

I think that Shved may play a larger role than we think. Any thoughts of Shved as a sleeper?

At best, I think he could be a spark type guy off the bench. Just seems too slight of frame to be able to handle consistent minutes yet. I know Adelman is going to give him a good look in training camp, but it's expected that Ridnour and Budinger soak up plenty of minutes at SG (when Roy sits) and when Rubio/Barea are at the point.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Not necessarily; the context of the interview was just that the impetus for getting Roy came from Kahn and not Adelman. Doesn't necessarily follow that Adelman wants no part of Roy. that qoute sounds like what we all said when we first heard about the signing.
Having said that, I've wondered myself if Roy is the best fit for an Adelman offense. When he was a star he wasn't happy playing off the ball.
BTW, that article has some other interesting quotes in it about other players http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/10/timberwolves-candid-glen-taylor-offers-glimpse-inside-front-office rare to hear that much umm... forthrightness coming from an organization without the positive spin.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:Not necessarily; the context of the interview was just that the impetus for getting Roy came from Kahn and not Adelman. Doesn't necessarily follow that Adelman wants no part of Roy. that qoute sounds like what we all said when we first heard about the signing.
Having said that, I've wondered myself if Roy is the best fit for an Adelman offense. When he was a star he wasn't happy playing off the ball.
BTW, that article has some other interesting quotes in it about other players http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/10/timberwolves-candid-glen-taylor-offers-glimpse-inside-front-office rare to hear that much umm... forthrightness coming from an organization without the positive spin.

Yep, you pegged my other knock on Roy (besides the injury mess). Fit. Rubio needs the ball for success. Roy in the past has always needed the ball in his hands (butted heads with A. Miller among others).
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Some obvious guys have emerged due to injury - Dirk, Amare, Nene, Eric Gordon and possibly even Afflalo.

As far as some others off the top of my head I'm not lately getting good vibes on: Ersan Ilyasova, Ryan Anderson (trust me it pains me deeply), Kris Humphries, Steve Nash, JaVale McGee, Isaiah Thomas, OJ Mayo, Evan Turner, Bismack Biyombo and Gustavo Ayon.
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Some obvious guys have emerged due to injury - Dirk, Amare, Nene, Eric Gordon and possibly even Afflalo.

As far as some others off the top of my head I'm not lately getting good vibes on: Ersan Ilyasova, Ryan Anderson (trust me it pains me deeply), Kris Humphries, Steve Nash, JaVale McGee, Isaiah Thomas, OJ Mayo, Evan Turner, Bismack Biyombo and Gustavo Ayon.

Isaiah Thomas is scaring me as well. I thought he was getting drafted pretty safely for the most part, but it's never good when Aaron Brooks, who was once a pretty good PG, comes back from China and pushes you fast.

I'm actually ok with Nash as I think my expectations of him dropping his scoring and playing a team game etc were fairly realistic. Everyone else on your list I agree with. I liked what Ilyasova did at the end of last season, but I agree that it seems semi unrealistic now. Paul George and Batum seem like better gambles in that area with better potential for panning out and heigher floors.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby cnote23 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Some obvious guys have emerged due to injury - Dirk, Amare, Nene, Eric Gordon and possibly even Afflalo.

I agree with you on mcgee justs looks like crap Bismark I also agree it looks like they are leaning towards haywood a little. Oj mayo at this point they need him he is the only outside scoring threat they have at least intill dirk is gone. Ryno I understand where your comming from but he is a great compliment to Davis so i think he will be fine. ilyasova I am not huge on him but he is bound for a decent season. Turner needs to prove to me he can do it with a solid season before I would draft him also the same goes for thomas.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 am

That list is much like my list. I'm actually not that worried about Ryno, he can do his thang in less than 35 minutes per anyway (and I wasn't drafting him in the third). Hump could be a huge disappointment if Blatche keeps playing well, because even a time share will kill his value relative to his ADP.

The curse of drafting early raises it's ugly head here. Live drafts done a couple of days in advance of the regular season do have their place. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers