2012-13 Busts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Busts

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Busts

Postby bujfan2030 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 am

One of the biggest issues with Ilyasova besides possible minute inconsistency is that he's more than likely due for some regression on that FG% from last season. Shot 46% from three when he'd never come close to that in his career.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 am

bujfan2030 wrote:One of the biggest issues with Ilyasova besides possible minute inconsistency is that he's more than likely due for some regression on that FG% from last season. Shot 46% from three when he'd never come close to that in his career.

Yup. I have the same issue with Mike Conley's Stl% and haven't drafted him in a single league so far either. Both guys will be good, but the agressive draft slot for them both is far too rich for my blood.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby The Thrill » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:21 pm

leon wrote:Danny Granger will continue his slide down the ranks as he gets older and Paul George asserts himself in the Indy offense.

Hmm. I actually think Granger is undervalued. :-?

Of course, I'm in a H2H league, so he may have time to come along and that could be a little different than valuations for him for Roto purposes.

I maybe don't know his style of play quite well enough (I don't follow Indiana closely enough), but my perception of his style of play suggests that age won't factor into the numbers (i.e. statistical categories) he brings to the table. Assuming he is healthy of course.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Postby cnote23 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 pm

The Thrill wrote:
leon wrote:Danny Granger will continue his slide down the ranks as he gets older and Paul George asserts himself in the Indy offense.

Of course, I'm in a H2H league, so he may have time to come along and that could be a little different than valuations for him for Roto purposes.

I maybe don't know his style of play quite well enough (I don't follow Indiana closely enough), but my perception of his style of play suggests that age won't factor into the numbers (i.e. statistical categories) he brings to the table. Assuming he is healthy of course.

I agree I feel Granger will go down in value but he isnt going to take a huge drop like some people think but his numbers will go down a little.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby 4ndrew » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 am

The Thrill wrote:

All depends on his knee. He's got a lot of pain which he's told he just has to play through. Add to that a missed training camp/preseason and Gerald Green jumping out of his skin ready to steal Granger's minutes ...
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby geodbear » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:16 pm

4ndrew wrote:All depends on his knee. He's got a lot of pain which he's told he just has to play through. Add to that a missed training camp/preseason and Gerald Green jumping out of his skin ready to steal Granger's minutes ...

More than that, Gerald Green needs to play like he's ready to steal Granger's minutes.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 am

It would seem the Suns' Jared Dudley wants to be on this list. Not that he was highly ranked in a lot of drafts, but he was at least a decent late round pick who could score. Only it would seem he's decided not to score this season. :-[
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Postby toughtrasher » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 am

The Thrill wrote:It would seem the Suns' Jared Dudley wants to be on this list. Not that he was highly ranked in a lot of drafts, but he was at least a decent late round pick who could score. Only it would seem he's decided not to score this season. :-[

Agreed, thank goodness I included him in a trade that sent me pretty much Gerald Wallace for him :)
toughtrasher
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 10)

Postby cnote23 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 am

Humpfries your killing me! I never trusted this guy this year I decided to draft him for once bad choice :-t %-6
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm

I wasn't expecting the sun and the moon from Derrick Williams, but I am now wondering if this kid can even play at the NBA level.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 155)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers