2012-13 Busts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Busts

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Busts

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 pm

cnote23 wrote:Humpfries your killing me! I never trusted this guy this year I decided to draft him for once bad choice :-t %-6

Blah! He's killing me as well. I just need 10 boards, nothing else! Come on man!
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:I wasn't expecting the sun and the moon from Derrick Williams, but I am now wondering if this kid can even play at the NBA level.

If MIN's track record is any indicator, he's done. :-b
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby The Thrill » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

RedHopeful wrote:If MIN's track record is any indicator, he's done. :-b

Not cool. :-t

The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

The Thrill wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:If MIN's track record is any indicator, he's done. :-b

Not cool. :-t

Channel all hatred here:

:-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2011.html It's a bit early for any final evaluations, but last years lottery and overall draft is looking a little rough. Kyrie looks like the only All-Star of the group so far. Still some potential out there. In Kanter, Biyombo, Walker, and Vucevic, Valanciunas, Motiejunas, Marshon.
Tristan Thompson is starting but still looks shaky. Derrick hasn't been able to develop any consistency. Vesely looks like a probable role player at best. Fredette I think I'm ready to call bust on. Kawhi, Klay T, Fareid, Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight and Parsons have been fantasy useful. Fareid, Kawhi seem to me the only ones with Star potential of that group. But for the most part this draft seems like a lot of bench/role players and guys with slow or no development. Still, this was the lockout class, so the arc on some of these players development may be a little longer than we expect. I remember there was a lot of talk about the Morris brothers being steals at the time of the draft. :-b So far they've just been frustrating. I had high hopes for Markieff, but I don't think I dropped anybody faster this season than him.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby lastemp3ror » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2011.html It's a bit early for any final evaluations, but last years lottery and overall draft is looking a little rough. Kyrie looks like the only All-Star of the group so far. Still some potential out there. In Kanter, Biyombo, Walker, and Vucevic, Valanciunas, Motiejunas, Marshon.
Tristan Thompson is starting but still looks shaky. Derrick hasn't been able to develop any consistency. Vesely looks like a probable role player at best. Fredette I think I'm ready to call bust on. Kawhi, Klay T, Fareid, Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight and Parsons have been fantasy useful. Fareid, Kawhi seem to me the only ones with Star potential of that group. But for the most part this draft seems like a lot of bench/role players and guys with slow or no development. Still, this was the lockout class, so the arc on some of these players development may be a little longer than we expect. I remember there was a lot of talk about the Morris brothers being steals at the time of the draft. :-b So far they've just been frustrating. I had high hopes for Markieff, but I don't think I dropped anybody faster this season than him.

Nice analysis.

I know it is super early to talk about this year's draft but I am pretty confident that as a whole, it won't be showing up in this thread this time next year :)
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers