Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby silentjim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 am

I would definitely target Boozer in leagues and avoid Deng. That being said, I think Boozer might slip a little further in most drafts, but maybe I'm being naive early on.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby So-Tex » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 am

silentjim wrote:I would definitely target Boozer in leagues and avoid Deng. That being said, I think Boozer might slip a little further in most drafts, but maybe I'm being naive early on.

In the two other mocks I've seen results from, one h2h, one roto, Boozer went pick 77 and pick 81 respectively. Your hunch is probably more spot on than you think, Jim. ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 179)

Postby jphanned » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 am

General (contrarian) thought: Faried will be overhyped this year. Trendy pick, but one I doubt will deliver on his ADP and a player I expect a lot of people to be a little too eager to draft. 74 is a fairly decent spot to take him though.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 am

I actually agree completely about Faried. He's is exactly the kind of player who gets a lot of press leading up to drafts and gets over-drafted as a result. I'm ok with him at 74 as well, and would have maybe waited a touch longer for him but he was more or less exactly what I needed and he does have a great situation in Denver. I would probably suggest to most people that they start looking for him in the 80's or at the end of this current tier of bigs depending on how their draft goes.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby mbuser » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 am

His ADP is 79 after five drafts that I've tracked. Considering a qualified per-minute rank of 34 and the Nuggets looking to set a pace record, I know I'll be looking at him before the 80s.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby jay_00 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

mbuser wrote:His ADP is 79 after five drafts that I've tracked. Considering a qualified per-minute rank of 34 and the Nuggets looking to set a pace record, I know I'll be looking at him before the 80s.

Excluding this draft, whats Lillards ADP?
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 44)

Postby mbuser » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 am

Lillard was around 90 before this one, but with a downward trend.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 pm

mbuser wrote:His ADP is 79 after five drafts that I've tracked. Considering a qualified per-minute rank of 34 and the Nuggets looking to set a pace record, I know I'll be looking at him before the 80s.

For me it depends on the health and progress of the other bigs in that tier. As we see who looks good, who's still hurt, ect ect I'll start shaking up my numbers for the various guys. I can see bumping Faried getting eventually.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 pm

We still don't know exactly which way Karl is leaning, do we? Heard rumblings that Gallo will start at the 4 thereby moving Faried to the bench. Although Manimal won't lose too much value, it could be enough of a dent in his minutes to where taking him in the 6th round or earlier isn't prudent.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby mbuser » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

I hadn't heard that and frankly it doesn't make sense to me. But obviously Faried is downgraded if he's not starting.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft