Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm

I should revise my statement about Blair - decided to do so here instead of editing the draft thread.

Basically, what I should have said was the Spurs have a lack of depth at BOTH the PF AND C position - remember, technically Duncan IS a PF first (we can hash THAT argument out in a whole other tread, I'm sure! :-D ).

Looking at each position in a vacuum, Blair wouldn't be in the backup role to Duncan if they were both playing at the five specifically. But it figures to reason that if Splitter is Duncan's primary backup at center, Blair would be right behind Diaw at the four. It could also be conceivable that Pop would eventually go with a "Twin Towers" type of front court, starting Duncan and Splitter together at the 4 and 5, with Diaw and Blair being their primary backups. I haven't seen that configuration yet (at least, not as a starting lineup), but that's what I've always felt should have happened once Splitter came on board (shades of Duncan/Robinson from the late 90's).

Either way you slice it though, the Spurs have very little depth within their big's rotation, so either one of these two are good pickups here. With Duncan aging, they could BOTH get significant run, as well as opportunities to make an impact.

Buuuuuuuut...thank you anyway Buser, for one-upping your friendly neighborhood Spurs fan! :-b
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:30 pm

I find it interesting that everyone wants to gamble on the Spurs rotation. I guess everyone is leaving the Rockets, Magic, and Bobcats front courts for waiver wire action. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby dcdoorknob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 pm

So that was my last pick. I enjoyed it. First time in the official cafe mock, would certainly participate again.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm a big fan of both Thompson and Hinrich this late. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jphanned » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

dcdoorknob wrote:So that was my last pick. I enjoyed it. First time in the official cafe mock, would certainly participate again.

Good having you on board. We'll definitely do this again next year. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby jphanned » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:18 am

phx, jay, GP, Fenris - update your rosters.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 am

Rounders Block wrote:phx, jay, GP, Fenris - update your rosters.

Yessir, right away sir. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby silentjim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 pm

The only pick that I would maybe do over is Jameer Nelson. I hope he proves me wrong though. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Postby barrec » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 pm

A huge thanks to everyone for setting up and participating in the mock! An honor to do so, and a great learning experience. Can't wait for the season to start!
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby So-Tex » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks for inviting me on board for this one as well, fellas! It's been a pleasure! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft