Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Sorry about the holdup there, got home late last night. Happy to get Smoove at 9.

The one thing I worry about Smoove isn't the FT% (it's a given), but his FG% this season. Got a feeling he's going to be more trigger happy especially from the perimeter. Thinking he's primed for perhaps a lousy efficiency year.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby phx_2008_champs » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm curious to see who is gonna grab Ibaka. It's really tough to grab him too early in Roto without being a major disadvantage in points. If I were to pair him with Dirk, I'd have the same amount of points between my first two picks, as the first couple of teams have with just Durant or LeBron. If he falls to 2.10, I think he'd be an ideal pairing with any of Love, Durant or LeBron, though.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Sorry about the holdup there, got home late last night. Happy to get Smoove at 9.

The one thing I worry about Smoove isn't the FT% (it's a given), but his FG% this season. Got a feeling he's going to be more trigger happy especially from the perimeter. Thinking he's primed for perhaps a lousy efficiency year.

Lou Williams should take 12-14 shots a night plus Al Horford will be back for his 10-12 shots, think his FG% will be ok.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:

Lou Williams should take 12-14 shots a night plus Al Horford will be back for his 10-12 shots, think his FG% will be ok.

I read somewhere that Larry Drew was pretty down on that aspect of Smoove's game in an interview, and that there was some associated comments from him that suggest that various guys will be green lit in specific areas of the floor. The suggestion in the interview being that Smoove will not be green lit from deep. Not conclusive proof of anything (especially since I didn't read the original article) but heartening news if true.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:55 pm

No Iso Joe could do wonders for fantasy values of all Hawk players.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Love the Lawson pick. I was wondering if someone would take a poke at him that high. I was actually hoping he might slide to the end of the round for me. Thanks for dashing my hopes George. :-C
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:30 am

Lawson wouldn't have made it past me, either. Horford is a great consolation prize for roto.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:55 am

Horford is a guy I've seen ranked pretty low in a lot of places (3rd round by ESPN) that I'd be happy to draft much earlier. Nice pick. ;-D Let me just cross another name off my 'hope he slides' list...
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:42 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:The one thing I worry about Smoove isn't the FT% (it's a given), but his FG% this season. Got a feeling he's going to be more trigger happy especially from the perimeter. Thinking he's primed for perhaps a lousy efficiency year.

I read somewhere that Larry Drew was pretty down on that aspect of Smoove's game in an interview, and that there was some associated comments from him that suggest that various guys will be green lit in specific areas of the floor. The suggestion in the interview being that Smoove will not be green lit from deep. Not conclusive proof of anything (especially since I didn't read the original article) but heartening news if true.

Meh. Both he and Woodson have never been fans of Josh Smith doing his thing from anywhere on the floor but that still has never resulted in a 100% deterrent. Overall, I'm just looking at ATL from the perspective that things could really go sour for them this season (ie. miss the playoffs relatively easily). If so, the inmates are gonna be running the asylum, not some coach whose foot is halfway out the door.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 am

The Westbrook/Horford combo is excellent, I'm actually holding out hope that Al slips towards the back end of the second round, he'd be scary on a Lebron/KD team, not that I ever get to draft those guys. ;-7

I MUCH prefer Lawson over Lowry, good pick also.

I'd love to get Westbrook in the 6-8 range, maybe 5 if Wade's health looks shaky again. In the first round, I really want to lock up a guy guaranteed to get at least 22 PPG even if he's a turnover machine because the second round is loaded with stat stuffing efficient players. They're harder to pair with a non-scoring machine like Smoove because you'll have no chance at keeping up with the LBJ/Durant teams points wise. I'm giving more thought to Dirk now that I'm seeing the picks unfold.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft