Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby dcdoorknob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 am

9.12 - Samuel Dalembert (C - Mil)

Upside! Ok, maybe not. :) We know what he is at this point, but I don't see why he won't, once again, get 22-24 mpg, with something around 7/7 and 1.7 blocks, without hurting ft%. I did want to shore up blocks here and there aren't a ton of worthy options left for that. The other main guy in consideration to do that was Omer Asik, and while he does have a bit more upside (in rebounds and blocks mainly), I worry about his sub-.500 ft%, which could start to really hurt with increased attempts. If I felt my team's ft% was a bit stronger already I may have taken Omer, but I wasn't comfortable with my team's ft% taking that kind of punch, so Dally it is.

10.1 - J.R. Smith

One way or another, he should be in line for at least mpg in the mid-20s (more is not completely out of the question), and he put up top-70 value in 27mpg in the half of the season he played last year, so I feel comfortable with the production I'm likely to get from grabbing him here outside the top 100. For my team right now, I was hoping to keep addressing 3s and also steals, and J.R. offers some help in both, making him a good fit for what I'm looking for here.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 77)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 am

10.02 Evan Turner (Phi - SG,SF)

Guess I'll follow my own instincts and take players regardless of team. I was looking at Kidd and Derozan here as well, but like Turner's upside quite a bit more.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

10.03 - Demar Derozan (TOR - SG/SF)
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

10.4 Jason Kidd (PG - NYK)

Just hedging my bets with Felton here, could use the 3's and assists upside also.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

10.05 - Trevor Ariza (SG/SF - Was)

Someone has to play SF in Washington and it's either Ariza or Singleton, so I'll go with Ariza.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby mbuser » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:16 pm

10.6 Rodney Stuckey (G - DET)

Is this Stuckey's year for full health and good production? Pick 114 isn't a terrible spot from which to find out.

*edit* added correct pick#
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 pm

10.07 Courtney Lee (G/F - BOS)

Again, just filling up my roster with players I like. Lee should actually get some run as the starting SG in Boston, at least until Avery Bradley comes back from injury and they have to fight for it.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 pm

10.08 Lamar Odom (F - LAC)

I'm willing to give him a second chance at this point in the draft. Back in LA, back as a 6th man big and no troubles so far this offseason in his personal life. Don't think it's too far-fetched to expect a floor of 11 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2ish assists and between .5 - 1.0 3/blk/stl.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 pm

10.9 Ricky Rubio (PG - MIN)

Was gonna wait another round to take him, but no one available really piqued my interest. Makes sense here in a ROTO format where I could just stash him on the bench for a month or so and not lose out on much from my second UTIL spot. Big fan of what the Wolves did in the off-season adding Budinger, Shved and Kirilenko. Those three give Rubio even more weapons to find and utilize.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby barrec » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 am

10.10 Mario Chalmers (PG - MIA)

Nelson, Thomas, Kidd, Stuckey, Rubio were all on my list here. Easy to say that after the fact, I suppose, but I definitely feel late to the party. Chalmers really might not be that interesting, however he's a starting PG and his stats match my team needs - 3's, a few assists and 1.5 steals/game.

Now that my starting line up is filled out, it's evident I am reliant on a few big horses rather than spreading the team's strengths over several players. It's a safe, safe, safe team so far with more question marks than actual upside. However I look forward to the reserve rounds to find some true lottery tickets.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft