phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft Room

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 am

11.11 Luis Scola (Phx - PF,C)

Scola in Phoenix with Nash would have been better, but still, he's a guy that hustles and can score, which my bench might need. His role is a little undefined at the moment, but that's ok in the 11th round.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

Postby dcdoorknob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 am

11.12 - Tony Allen (GF - Memphis)

Looking at my team roster through 10 rounds, one category that I wasn't completely happy with was steals (other than Iggy, I hadn't really netted huge steals guys). With that said, I'm obviously pretty happy to pick up a safe bet to again be top 10 (bordering top 5) in the league in steals per game in Tony. As far as value goes, he's been top 100 in each of the past 2 years, and I can't really come up with a reason why he shouldn't be again. I'm fine with a possible lack of upside here if he fills a team need and basically only has to repeat last year to outperform this draft position by 30 spots.

12.1 - Landry Fields (GF - Toronto)

Well he's no longer going to be on the same team as Carmelo, and that can't possibly be a bad thing for his fantasy game. He was downright useful the first half of his rookie year (pre -Melo), and is going to a team that rates to give him significant minutes (if that contract is any indication), and I like his potential fit on that team and his chances for a decent fantasy year.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 77)

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:36 am

12.02 CJ Miles (Cle - SG,SF)

I of course wanted Tony Allen.... But either way I'll settle for CJ Miles and his new situation in Cleveland. Hopefully he makes the leap this season like most were thinking he'd do last season.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 pm

12.03 - Derrick Rose (PG - CHI)
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 am

12.04 Gerald Green (GF-IND)
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 am

12.05 Mike Dunleavy (SG/SF - Mil)

Was looking to take Gerald Green here, but GP beat me to it. Dunleavy posted good enough numbers last season to warrant a pick here. Not expecting much, if any, upside.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby mbuser » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:49 pm

12.6 Jamal Crawford (G - LAC)

I've got almost zero faith in Billups for the whole of 2012-13 and expect Crawford to be more efficient in his role with LAC than we saw from him last season. Not much downside from here and some good ROI if things do go well.

*edit: grammar
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby So-Tex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:38 pm

12.7 Antawn Jamison (F - LAL)

Well folks, someone has to score off the bench for LA, and Jamison seems to fit the bill nicely. Hopefully he'll give me that unique quality of 3s with REBs. And maybe a little bit of scoring off the bench. Not necessarily asking for the 17 PPG he averaged last season...but surely he can put up more than starter Metta World Peace (who managed to average a whopping 7.7 points per game %-6 ). And looking at that Lakers 2nd unit on paper, there really doesn't seem to be anyone instilling mucho confidence in the Laker bench...

...which actually works out well for me in real life, being that I'm a Spurs fan! :-B
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:47 pm

12.08 Danny Green (GF - SAS)

The Big 3 continue to fade while Danny seized an important role with the Spurs last season. At worst, he puts up similar numbers but very easily could do a tick or two better for a multitude of reasons.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft