Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby jphanned » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 pm

12.9 Gustavo "Fring" Ayon (FC - ORL)

Per-minute stud who won't have to fight for minutes with Kaman, Okafor, and Landry anymore, now that he's in Orlando. Per-36's include 10.6 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 1.5 blocks. Only player in the NBA to put up that line on a per-36 basis last season. Whether or not Vaughn realizes it or not, he's Orlando's best big man.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby barrec » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:28 am

12.10 Jason Richardson (SG - PHI)

I need 3's and steals, and he offers some of those. Considered Dorell Wright, but opted for the starter and longer track record.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:42 am

12.11 Dion Waiters (G - CLE)

Waiters seems to be getting past the weight issues and I expect him to start and play solid minutes in Cleveland. Solid scoring and steals are a welcome addition to my bench at this point in the draft.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby jay_00 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:49 pm

12.12 Brandon Roy (G - MIN)

Figure i'd give Roy's brittle knees a shot this late in the draft.

13.1 J.J. Hickson (F - POR)

Averaged 15 and 8 with 1 blk a game after being traded to Portland. He should continue to get minutes unless Meyers Leonard really comes on strong.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 49)

Postby jphanned » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:43 pm

For Fenris:
13.2 Steve Novak (F - NYK)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby barrec » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 pm

13.03 Derrick Williams (SF/PF - Min)

Certainly a disappointing rookie season for the former #2 over all pick. However, having seen him dominate in college, we know he has skills and I am willing to gamble on him figuring it out in a full season. I am not drafting him for his range, however he did shoot over 50% from 3 in 2011 at Arizona. According to BBM's new depth chart feature (which I love), he's third off the bench but perhaps the first to replace Love. He's shorter and lighter than Love, but might possess a similar game (though I don't expect him to rebound nearly as well). Hopefully that should help him maximize his time on the court if he is playing the 4.

I very well may be reaching here, but I think he could really come on strong.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby jphanned » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:29 pm

13.4 Al Harrington (FC - ORL)

Someone has to score in Orlando, right? Not too optimistic about his value down the stretch where he could be moved or injured, but he should be at least serviceable as a utility guy for the first couple months while the Magic are spread thin.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 am

13.05 Tristan Thompson (FC - CLE)

Byron Scott says he won't hand him the starting gig at PF but he doesn't have to. With Jamison departed for LA, the Cav's don't have a whole lot of other options. Expect some significant rough patches as he continues to get acclimated to the NBA but I can't complain about a guy in the 13th round who is staring at 30 minutes a game.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby So-Tex » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 am

13.6 Kevin Seraphin (PF/C - WAS)

Well, had a write up all done and ready to go on the Hornet's Jason Smith, when I took another look and backtracked onto Kevin Seraphin.

He'll be backing up Nene and/or Emeka Okafor, and with those two in place, there's always a good chance Seraphin will get a shot at solid minutes. In 15 games down the stretch as a starter last season, he averaged 15.5 PPG, 7 REBs, 1.7 BLKs, shooting 52% and 71% from the field and line. Realistically, I don't expect those same kind of numbers over the entire course of the season. But if someone goes down for any reason in the Wizards front court, I'd expect to get some solid numbers out of Seraphin, easy. Worse case, I'd sit on him, or use him during stretches where I'd want to build up a few BLKs.

My other consideration here was Jason Smith (NOR). I like the situation he's in with the Hornets, and think he might get some run here or there. Others I considered were Luke Ridnour and Carlos Delfino, but being that I have a lot of guys at the G and F positions, I was leaning more towards the PF/C types.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby mbuser » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:00 pm

13.7 Chandler Parsons (F - HOU)

Something of a pleasant surprise in 11-12 and looks to be slotted for the same ~30 minutes this coming season. Nice roto line, with a bit everywhere and not enough FTA to make a low percentage really matter.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft