Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2012 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:13 am

15.06 DeJuan Blair (F/C - SAS)

Knew I just couldn't go a draft without showing some of my homer colors! ;-D

Nothing super fantastic about his line, but I LOVE his game! Reminds me of Malik Rose back in the day - tough, tenacious, scrappy player who worked for every one of those 5+ REBs he got last season. Only upside to him here is that as Tim Duncan starts to see even more time management during the second half of this season, we should see Blair getting a small bump in minutes from time to time. And it's not like the Spurs have depth at that position - at least, not at the moment!

Was very surprised to see Red pass him over here - unless he was waiting to see if he fell to him in the last round! :-b
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mbuser » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:25 am

15.7 Tiago Splitter (C - SAS)

Splitter is the reserve big on the Spurs that I'm targeting - he's Duncan's primary backup, with Diaw having settled in at the four. 17.6/9.8/1.5 per-36 last season, and 24 minutes per game is attainable, particularly if Blair ends up being traded or lives on the fringes of Pop's rotation.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm

15.8 Boris Diaw (F/C - SAS)

Yes, I just wanted to keep up the run of Spurs players being drafted. Maybe Bonner goes next. :-D Diaw was signed to a new contract so the Spurs definitely have an investment to preserve and if anyone can get the most out of him, Popovich should be able to do it. Obvious questions on motivation and playing time but at this point in the draft, there's some gambling and luck.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:34 pm

15.9 Amir Johnson (FC-TOR)
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phx_2008_champs » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Ben Gordon (CHA - SG)
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:27 pm

15.11 Kirk Hinrich (Chi - PG,SG)

Really wanted to get another assist guy if needed and I think Hinrich is for sure. Kirk Hinrich is a hard nose coaches type of player and Coach Thibs will probably love him. He can also play both guard positions which is helpful since the Bulls backcourt defense is a little suspect now with some players leaving. He peaked years ago of course, but it's not crazy to think he can put up decent fantasy numbers in a fairly large role.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 598)

Postby dcdoorknob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:34 pm

15.12 - Nate Robinson (G - Chi) - he's always produced a decent fantasy line when given minutes. I'm not positive Thibs will give him those minutes, but stranger things have happened. If any of Rip, Deng, or Boozer go down (or should we say when? :-{ ), his offensive spark may be too needed to pass up.

16.1 - Jason Thompson (FC - Sac) - Put up 10/8, .8 stl, .8 blk as a starter last year. Should have a decent shot to hold of Robinson in his rookie year to reclaim a similar role. Felt like I wanted a big to balance out my bench, he seemed like the best available.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 77)

Postby jphanned » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 pm

For silentjim:
16.2 Devin Harris (PG - ATL)

For my last pick I don't mind taking some gambles. I doubt Harris does much, but it does seem like Teague has always struggled to make that leap like most were thinking. If he gets few minutes, clearly I'll drop him immediately. Hahaha.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 pm

16.3 - Ramon Sessions (CHA - PG/SG)
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 pm