General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft Room

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

8.4 Raymond Felton (PG-NY)

I considered Jameer here but I'd really try to get some more upside here, don't think Jameer will be that much more valuable fantasy wise without Howard. Felton's returning to a very different New York team but I really think he can get closer to his NYK/Denver numbers minus the 17-18 ppg than the mess he was in Portland where he suffered from a complete lack of organizational direction and weight problems. Felton is a legit distributor, think he has the best chance at picking up 7-8 assists a night this late. I think he'll have enough motivation this year to stay in shape and easily exceed his adp.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 pm

8.05 Chauncey Billups - (PG/SG - LAC)

When healthy, Billups will be the starting SG for the Clips. In his 20 games last season, he put numbers worthy for a selection here except for a terrible 36% fg. I'm thinking it'll be back up around 41/42%. I'd look to complete my starting line up with another big and SF with the next two picks.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby mbuser » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:18 pm

8.06 George Hill (G - IND)

I came away from looking at my roster with an ideal target being an efficient source of some combination of AST/STL/3PT, and that's exactly how I would describe Hill. More of a safe floor than high upside, but he should take well to being the team's starting PG from the outset, and better per-minute numbers than we've seen from him historically wouldn't be a shock. That said, I don't expect a line that will wow you in any one place, but I'm okay with that.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby So-Tex » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:37 am

8.07 Jarrett Jack (PG/SG - GSW)

Kinda shifted gears here, as I wanted someone who could give me ASTs with 3's. Almost pulled the trigger on Ricky Rubio, even though he's out till at least January (December if current reports are accurate), and he doesn't quite give me the 3's I'm looking for. But in the end, I settled for Jack, as the uncertainty of what I'll get from Rubio once he comes back, plus the fact that Jack is in line for major minutes if/when Stephen Curry blows another tire, is just too much for me to pass up here.

Jack doesn't shoot the 3 all too well either, but his 6 ASTs per game and solid shooting %'s are more than enough for me here. I hate to sound like such a downer on Curry, as I wish the kid all the best, and hope simply for his health's sake he stays injury free. But he's a risky play at best given the ankle history, and Jack is the closest thing to the definition of "handcuff" you can find.

Too bad he's on MY roster, huh Red? ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 183)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 am

8.08 Greivis Vasquez (PG - NOH)

I don't give a Jack that Jarrett just got picked because I'm smartly nabbing General Greivis. In 26 games as a starter, he put up a very fantasy friendly line of 12 points, 7 assists, 2.9 rebounds, 1.1 steals and .8 3's a game. And to boot, his %'s won't make you run for the hills. Since he's the only prototypical PG on the Hornets roster, he'll see plenty of time (sorry AR hopefuls). Lastly, he should have better offensive options surrounding him this upcoming season.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:37 am

8.9 Isaiah Thomas (PG - SAC)

Slipped a bit here given how productive he was over the final couple months as a starter. Don't see serious competition on that roster for minutes -- been there, done that with Reke at PG; saying Brooks is a below-average PG would be putting it kindly. The Kings were a whopping seven points better per 100 possessions with him on the floor, which led the team by a wide margin and captures how important he is to this team's offense. Gives them what they always wanted at the point with Reke - an efficient guard who can find the right balance between scoring and distributing.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 371)

Postby barrec » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 am

8.10 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (SF-CHA)

Though I'd love for pundits to retire the word "motor" when describing players, MKD can certainly hustle. Always hard to project for rookies in the NBA, but I am sure he'll make the most of his time on the floor. I hope his energy affords him more minutes as the season goes on, and imagine his counting stats will prove to be the most valuable. MKD might have a low ceiling for skills, but in the right situation can generate stats where other players cannot. He'd benefit from a solid PG to improve his offense.

Also considered Isaiah Thomas (might have taken him here were it not for Rounders), Nelson and Hayward.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:20 pm

8.11 Darren Collison (PG - DAL)

I'm actually quite pleased to get Collison here on the back end of a PG run. He was dreadful in Indiana, but the system there really isn't friendly to his kind of game and he was never really given the keys to the offense. In Dallas I think Collison has a setup more like the one he had in New Orleans when he went nuts subbing in for Chris Paul plus he's got a solid team of finishers to pass to. I'm not expecting numbers quite as elevated as his NOR run, but a very nice bounce back year isn't out of the question at all. I don't think it's unreasonable to project him for something like 15 and 7 with a three, 1.3-ish steals and good FT% (and maybe bad TOs and FG% too).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby jay_00 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:36 pm

8.12 Brandon Knight (PG - DET)

I'll continue the pg run here in the 8th round. I was actually targeting Knight ahead of the other pgs drafted here in this round. I like the amount of threes he gives you (1.6), and I also think he will have every opportunity to improve on his numbers from last season. His 41 fg% doesnt concern me since im pretty solid in that area already.

9.1 Tyreke Evans (GF - SAC)

Considered a number of options here such as Kaman, Derozan, and Beasley. I was mainly looking for scoring and steals. Went with Tyreke because he can steal the ball better than the others. His numbers as the starting SF arent exactly great, but you have to figure they will continue to give him minutes if they went to feature him in a trade. If he were to finally get traded it would mean alot for his fantasy value. Either way I can live with about 16ppg, 4.5asts, 4.5 rebs, 1.4 stls, .5 blks, and 45 fg%.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Mock Draft