2012-2013 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 pm

The Thrill wrote:Although Pinot was not a Bonanza league member, I did happen to check out another former Bonanza league member, Turmoil. Looks like he's still playing some as well. I couldn't find an updated Yahoo profile for MeShawn. Now MeShawn goes way way back!!!

I think I joined the Bonanza in its third or fourth year. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby geodbear » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Bonanza no longer has any original managers with the departure of Nene - he was the last original manager.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 pm

geodbear wrote:By the way, with cnote coming back and the addition of btb, we're up to 13, so 1 more and we'll cap it at 14. Of all of last year's managers, I didn't hear back from GreyOne. Anyone know if he's still around?

He PM'd me roughly 3 weeks ago but no sure thing if we send him anything, he'd respond.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 pm

geodbear wrote:Bonanza no longer has any original managers with the departure of Nene - he was the last original manager.

Yeah that was unfortunate.

I wonder if we could get Yilun. He pops up from time to time.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby jaytizy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 am

haha pinot... i remember we had some epic greg oden discussions ;-)
a goal without a plan is a wish
jaytizy
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby geodbear » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 am

So nene is in. That makes 14. We're all good to go.

Also, if anyone want's to raise any questions/comments on rules. Now is the time. I noticed that Yahoo has added an option for reseeding during the playoffs. Any thoughts/opinions on that. Currently at the default of no.
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby cnote23 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm

[quote="geodbear"]So nene is in. That makes 14. We're all good to go.

Also, if anyone want's to raise any questions/comments on rules. Now is the time. I noticed that Yahoo has added an option for reseeding during the playoffs. Any thoughts/opinions on that. Currently at the default of no.[/quote explain this reseeding deal :-o
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby bokzg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Something that we're doing in the XKL this year is having all players be on waivers and use continuous daily FAAB for all pickups. I like this idea because it takes away the whole race to add popular FAs that rewards people who are online all the time and punishes those who can't be. Everyone will have a chance at the end of each day to bid on any players they want to pick up, from $0 to their remaining budget. I think it adds more strategy to player acquisition, and levels the playing field. It would also fall perfectly in line with the whole auction theme of this league.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 83)

Postby bokzg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Oh, and I've always wanted to try a league with divisions but haven't had a chance to do so. Maybe we could cut the league in half, and split it into two conferences a la the NBA?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 83)

Postby geodbear » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm

bokzg wrote:Something that we're doing in the XKL this year is having all players be on waivers and use continuous daily FAAB for all pickups. I like this idea because it takes away the whole race to add popular FAs that rewards people who are online all the time and punishes those who can't be. Everyone will have a chance at the end of each day to bid on any players they want to pick up, from $0 to their remaining budget. I think it adds more strategy to player acquisition, and levels the playing field. It would also fall perfectly in line with the whole auction theme of this league.

Already set up for that. I mentioned it early on. And no one objected or noticed. So yes, continuous waiver with daily pick ups. FAAB is set at $100. I'm still keeping the max 4 moves per week limit from last season.
geodbear

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Auction