2012-2013 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Postby geodbear » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

bokzg wrote:Oh, and I've always wanted to try a league with divisions but haven't had a chance to do so. Maybe we could cut the league in half, and split it into two conferences a la the NBA?

We could though I'd hate to split it and then end up with the better teams end up in one division... We'd have to decide on seeding, how many from each division makes playoffs, etc....
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bokzg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Glad to hear about the FAAB implementation. I must've missed that notice.

As for the imbalanced conference issue, I don't see that it's necessarily a problem. I personally wouldn't mind if I somehow ended up in the "stronger" conference, and would simply use it as a point of pride for doing well and a convenient excuse if I don't :) At the end of the day, the best teams will still finish at the top, and I think that's all that really matters.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 117)

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome to the league Nene! ;-D

FAAB sounds good to me. ;-D

No preference on divisions. Slighly not in favor of it to be honest, but that's just because I've never done it and I'm rusty on my fantasy basketball. Stick me in with the "coming out of retirement" group please. :-D

Ultimately, I'm fine with whatever. B-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 am

The Thrill wrote:Welcome to the league Nene! ;-D

FAAB sounds good to me. ;-D

No preference on divisions. Slighly not in favor of it to be honest, but that's just because I've never done it and I'm rusty on my fantasy basketball. Stick me in with the "coming out of retirement" group please. :-D

Ultimately, I'm fine with whatever. B-)

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Well except for that retirement/old home type of talk. :-b
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby Nene » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 am

I'm signed up and ready to go :-D
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby geodbear » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 am

I did a little research, and we have 11 former or current Bonanza leaguers in this league.

Nene, Jay, and thrill were original members no longer in Bonanza. Jim joined in Year 3 and is still in Bonanza. Year 4 was a big turnover year, when bokzg, bleedtoblack, ggs, and I joined. ggs, bokzg, and I are still in Bonanza, although ggs sat out a year. Red joined in Year 5 and is still there. david and gp joined this year (Year 9). Shotcaller, cnote, and jfg have never been in.

If we want divisions just for fun, I can put all 7 current members in one division, and the 4 former and 3 virgins in another.
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 pm

geodbear wrote:I did a little research, and we have 11 former or current Bonanza leaguers in this league.

Nene, Jay, and thrill were original members no longer in Bonanza. Jim joined in Year 3 and is still in Bonanza. Year 4 was a big turnover year, when bokzg, bleedtoblack, ggs, and I joined. ggs, bokzg, and I are still in Bonanza, although ggs sat out a year. Red joined in Year 5 and is still there. david and gp joined this year (Year 9). Shotcaller, cnote, and jfg have never been in.

If we want divisions just for fun, I can put all 7 current members in one division, and the 4 former and 3 virgins in another.

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby The Thrill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:40 pm

As Ice Cube wouls say, "I'm Down For Whatever"
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby silentjim » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Divisions kind of sound neat to me. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby geodbear » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm

silentjim wrote:Divisions kind of sound neat to me. ;-D

We've been divided. Let me know if there any objections. :-D
geodbear

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Auction