2012-2013 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 am

The Thrill wrote:
silentjim wrote:How much money do we get?

We get money? An auto-drafter won last year? Hey, this league is sounding better every minute! B-)

Look for a PM in the near future with my Paypal directions. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby geodbear » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 am

Fun draft. Thanks everyone. It finished at just over 2.5 hours. I'm sure I'm not going to win. I don't like my team. My guess. Strengths: pts, 3s, ft%, tos; Avg: stls, rebs; Weaknesses: asts, blks, fg%.

Have to say DV's team needs work from him not making the draft. Almost half his team won't start the season, including out-for-the-season Frye, but he can drop him. No one team stands out for me, but it's hard to compare with the different levels of talent on each team. I think btb has the strongest talent top to bottom. And jay has 3 first rounders with Paul, Wade, and Smoove.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby cnote23 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 am

my team is ok but nothing to be too excited about .
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 240)

Postby bokzg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am

Fun draft. I like my top 11, and will need to find some value for the last two roster spots to really be competitive. Feel good about my frontcourt (AlJeff, Hibbert, Noah, Z-Bo, and Beasley), and like having two of the top PG's (Deron and Lowry). My wing situation is less impressive, but I'm happy that I was able to get some decent value with Miles, Crawford, and Green. Each of my players looks to be an essential part of what their teams are trying to do this year, which makes me feel good about their production throughout the season.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 117)

Postby ggs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:31 pm

It looks like best strategy is to grab a top guy and hold your cash until some of those value guys start going, maybe in the picks 50-70 range. Waiting until the real end may not work out as you'll have tons of dough left anyways. May just try a mock one more time to test this.

I also like btb's team as it stands.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby The Thrill » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm

It was fun. I agree. :-)

I'm not really all that thrilled with my team, but we'll see how it goes. I have some strengths that I set out for an accomplished, but some very obvious weaknesses. Which I guess is fine for H2H. I'm just not quite as strong in some areas as I had hoped. Combined with some players that might be in timeshares of sorts (Evans, Felton, Walker and Sessions come to mind), I think I may end up in a bind. We'll see. Derrick Rose was a mistake. Knew he was injured, but hadn't remembered how long (I though it was more like a month type thing). So I'm bummed about that.

Not happy I mismanaged the dollars. Guys that come to mind that I would have bid up had I been on a little more up to speed on players are one of the following Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez or Chris Bosh. With Griffin, Mullens and Hickson at Center I'm kinda weak.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

T4 all the way!!!! :-B :-B :-D :-D :-B :-B
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Buser's projections at BBM favor Cnote's team with Geodbear 2nd and Grounded Polo 3rd. Bottom 3: Dvauthrin, jaytizy and Nene. We'll see how this all works out. ;-7

As far as my team, my strategy was to nab a top guy, a few other top to middle tier guys and then go heavy on guys I'm looking to breakout. As I said in the draft, last few seasons, I valued depth. It got me the playoffs (finished 2nd and 3rd) but never felt the championship vibe. Injuries and missed games will almost always take a toll on all and I learned they are hard to overcome with a team heavy on middle tier types.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby geodbear » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

I wonder how Buser would do in an auction draft... I can see the valuation on my team being good, but it's an odd construction - small ball without the assists, and adequate rebounding. I was surprised to have $8 left at the end, I should have gone for two more late-middle round players, and ended with four $1 players instead of the six $1-$3 players.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby The Thrill » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Injuries and missed games will almost always take a toll on all and I learned they are hard to overcome with a team heavy on middle tier types.

This information would have been more handy to me before today. ;-7
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Auction