Channing Frye: Out for the Season - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Channing Frye: Out for the Season

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Channing Frye: Out for the Season

Postby jphanned » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:44 am

From the Arizona Central:

Suns forward Channing Frye told azcentral sports that he will miss the 2012-13 season because of medical concerns. | Profile: Channing Frye

Frye developed a dilated cardiomyopathy, which is an enlarged heart. This was found during a routine preseason physical by Suns team cardiologist Dr. Tim Byrne.

"The good news is it is a virus so it does have a good chance of going away," Frye said. "My heart can be normal again."

Frye will not participate in any basketball activities and his progress will be re-evaluated in December. He said he would rest for six months, confining his activities to golf and yoga.

Frye visited the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota Wednesday.

Best wishes to him in his recovery. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Channing Frye: Out for the Season

Postby bokzg » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 am

On one hand, it's unfortunate to have yet another player have to miss significant time due to a heart condition (i.e. Green, Hayes). On the other hand, it's great that they're finding out about these conditions while they can still be treated to the point of full recovery.

From a fantasy perspective, do we bump Scola and Morris up?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 am

Has Tolliver found a home yet? I could see the Suns picking up another big who can shoot it.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:21 am

bokzg wrote:On one hand, it's unfortunate to have yet another player have to miss significant time due to a heart condition (i.e. Green, Hayes). On the other hand, it's great that they're finding out about these conditions while they can still be treated to the point of full recovery.

From a fantasy perspective, do we bump Scola and Morris up?

Agreed bokzg, best wishes Frye. Have to believe Scola and Morris get at least minor bumps but whether they stay viable throughout the season likely depends on how the team does in the early going? It's well known Beasley has been more productive at PF so he will at least get some minutes at the 4. If the trend continues, Gentry will likely give Duds plenty of run at SF and Brown/Wesley Johnson battle it out at SG? Thinking about it, it's still a mess that will probably remain unresolved through much of the season.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 am

It certainly is messy, but I think the whole mess hangs on Beasley. That kid can outplay Morris and Scola when he's half in the bag and wearing 8" stiletto heels if he has his shizz screwed on right. Frye was a pretty big roadblock for him IMO, and as much as I dislike Beasley I think he just got a whole lot more interesting as a sleeper. He's a fruitcake though, and there's just no telling where his head's at, so I'm not bumping up all that far on my draft board. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates