Initial Draft Format Vote - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Xperimental Keeper

Initial Draft Format Vote

Moderator: bokzg

Which draft formart would you prefer for the first year?

Live Auction
22%
Live Snake
11%
Slow/Forum Snake
67%

Total votes : 9

Re: Initial Draft Format Vote

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 pm

thelimey wrote:I've never done a slow/mesageboard auction draft before, would that be too time consuming or is that a posibility?

:-o

My salary cap league is somewhat similar as we bid on FA's. About 10 at a time and it is painfully slow (plus a lot of work for the commish/whoever monitors it). Don't really see the need going this route either since it still wouldn't alleviate a regular live auctions draft's main issue.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Initial Draft Format Vote

Postby bokzg » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Well it looks like it's going to be a slow forum snake draft after all. I have to agree that it makes sense to avoid the possibility of people going all in on a handful of players, and to avoid the incredible hassle of trying to pick a live draft date/time that works for everyone.

Since this a deep draft and the season starts in a little over a month, I'm going to get started right away on getting the draft going (i.e. creating threads and determining draft order). I'll give everyone until this Sunday to put together their rankings/projections and have the draft start then.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Xperimental Keeper