General Discussion 2012-2013 - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Xperimental Keeper

General Discussion 2012-2013

Moderator: bokzg

Re: General Discussion 2012-2013

Postby bokzg » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:I understand how he gets in the top 10 with these cats, but what I'm saying is if you asked me to name the top 10 players in the league, I don't think he'd make my list.

Understandable. I guess then that the issue then becomes whether you agree with our rationalization for the changes to the categories, i.e. that AST and TOs should be treated as a single, interrelated category and FTM is better than FT% because of the benefits that even missed FTA's provide to a team. If you agree with the rationale behind those changes, then you have to accept that Blake becomes a first rounder under it. If you disagree with the rationale, then you'll have to accept that this is a quirky league, and just have fun with it :)
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm not complaining, and I don't think there's a way to realistically fix it. Obviously the only real knock on Blake would be his defensive efficiency. But beyond steals and blocks I'm not sure how else to account for that.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby bokzg » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:48 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:I'm not complaining, and I don't think there's a way to realistically fix it. Obviously the only real knock on Blake would be his defensive efficiency. But beyond steals and blocks I'm not sure how else to account for that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing your comments, and I don't see it as complaining. I like that this league is spurring a lot of dialogue about FBB settings and new ways of looking at everything.

Agree that I wish there were a better way to account for defense with the Yahoo settings, but we've just got to make due with what they've given us.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 am

So I have to confess I probably didn't give enough thought to the playoff question before I voted for it. I've always liked Playoffs in my snake draft leagues because it mitigates the advantage of having an elite player since, chances are, he's going to get rested down the stretch. It gives other teams a fighting chance. But having seen how the auction went I'm not sure if it's necessary in an auction league.
I was thinking maybe we could find a middle ground. Let's say team with the best overall record is the league champ. We could still have the playoffs with a consolation bracket, with the winner of each bracket getting some small amount added to their keeper dollars or subtracting a small amount from one of their keepers. or say assign dollar amounts from 10-1 for order of playoff placement with the last two teams getting 0. Or we could make it a lottery deal. Playoff winner gets the most balls followed by everyone else according to their finish. Winner of lottery gets to subtract whatever $ amount we decide on from one of their keepers. Realize their maybe issues with any implementation, but it would address the concern of winning with a small sample size, but would also be an incentive down the stretch run for even the last place team to be active.(not that this concerns me all that much with this league.) Still not sure how we'd address the question of byes, # of games, etc.
Anyway just sayin I change my vote to no playoffs, regardless of what we do with the other idea.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bokzg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I just read the posts in the league page but am unable to reply because my office blocks Yahoo fantasy sports pages (lame!). Justin is correct in that every FA needs to cost at least $1 despite Yahoo allowing $0 bids because every player must have a $ value for keeper budget purposes. I admit that it slipped my mind and I should have sent a reminder, but we'll have to drop and re-add any player who was added for $0 so that they cost $1 if the person still wants to have them for that price.

If the people who added someone for $0 can drop the player(s), we can all agree to let them re-add them for $1 if they still want them. Otherwise, I can take care of it once I get off from work tonight via commissioner tools.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jphanned » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 pm

bokzg wrote:I just read the posts in the league page but am unable to reply because my office blocks Yahoo fantasy sports pages (lame!). Justin is correct in that every FA needs to cost at least $1 despite Yahoo allowing $0 bids because every player must have a $ value for keeper budget purposes. I admit that it slipped my mind and I should have sent a reminder, but we'll have to drop and re-add any player who was added for $0 so that they cost $1 if the person still wants to have them for that price.

If the people who added someone for $0 can drop the player(s), we can all agree to let them re-add them for $1 if they still want them. Otherwise, I can take care of it once I get off from work tonight via commissioner tools.

It'd make more sense for us to just wait so you can take care of it via commissioner tools.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby bokzg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 am

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I'm quite happy with how the league has been going so far. There was some confusion as to the FA/waiver and IR slot rules, but I think everyone seems to be on the same page now.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the league as it stands now? As always, this is league that is open to suggestions and criticism.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:07 pm

bokzg wrote:Anyone else have any thoughts on the league as it stands now? As always, this is league that is open to suggestions and criticism.

I keep thinking another category or two would be nice but but haven't really explored the best one(s) we could consider.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I would like it if you could find a way to make all my players stop underperforming :-)
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bokzg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 am

RedHopeful wrote:
bokzg wrote:Anyone else have any thoughts on the league as it stands now? As always, this is league that is open to suggestions and criticism.

I keep thinking another category or two would be nice but but haven't really explored the best one(s) we could consider.

I would too just because I don't like having an even number of categories but don't want to go below 8. However, like you, I haven't been able to come up with one that maintains balance.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Xperimental Keeper