General Discussion 2012-2013 - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Xperimental Keeper

General Discussion 2012-2013

Moderator: bokzg

Re: General Discussion 2012-2013

Postby phx_2008_champs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm

How are we going to be drafting in future seasons? We're keeping up to 4 players at their bid amount from last year, up to a total amount of $125...but are we doing auction drafts in the future with a total of $200 to spend each year?

Sorry...I know this has been discussed but I don't remember where and haven't been able to find the rules for future drafts.

Thanks. ;-D
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby phx_2008_champs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 am

RedHopeful wrote:
bokzg wrote:Anyone else have any thoughts on the league as it stands now? As always, this is league that is open to suggestions and criticism.

I keep thinking another category or two would be nice but but haven't really explored the best one(s) we could consider.

If we wanted an odd number of cats without drastically changing values of players in this league, we could subtract total rebounds, add defensive and offensive rebounds, assists and field goals made...for a total of 11 cats. The split of rebounds helps out bigs, assists helps the point guards, and field goals made helps the scorers. The only negative I see to this is for players who thrive off of defensive cats, i.e. Larry Sanders. Otherwise, it's the best idea I've been able to come up with so far.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bokzg » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 am

phx_2008_champs wrote:How are we going to be drafting in future seasons? We're keeping up to 4 players at their bid amount from last year, up to a total amount of $125...but are we doing auction drafts in the future with a total of $200 to spend each year?

Sorry...I know this has been discussed but I don't remember where and haven't been able to find the rules for future drafts.

Thanks. ;-D

Basically, yes. We'll have an auction draft each year with a $200 budget, the first few rounds of which will be dedicated to people picking up their designated keeper (max $125 value). The dollar amounts are subject to adjustment if I find good reasons for doing so, but that's what the plan is for now at least.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 83)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm

bokzg wrote:
Basically, yes. We'll have an auction draft each year with a $200 budget, the first few rounds of which will be dedicated to people picking up their designated keeper (max $125 value). The dollar amounts are subject to adjustment if I find good reasons for doing so, but that's what the plan is for now at least.

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought but when I went to offer someone a trade, I was able to trade draft picks as well (which doesn't make any sense to me.) I could see if I could offer money or ask for money from our budget from next draft but I didn't understand the option for trading draft picks.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jphanned » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am

ggs has separated himself from the field. Just 5.5 games separating 2nd and 6th!
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:55 pm

my team is absolutely terrible, but on the bright side, I should have a nice set of keepers next year with vazquez's emergence in NO.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ggs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Rounders Block wrote:ggs has separated himself from the field. Just 5.5 games separating 2nd and 6th!

Didn't really want to change the make-up of my team with all things going well, but moving Westbrook for Curry allows me to keep Ibaka as well.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 143)

Postby bokzg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 am

Great season guys! I personally think the inaugural year went very well considering all the unorthodox features we went with. Feel free to share your thoughts on your experience this season, and any suggestions for next season.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 83)

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am

I had a miserable season. but most of that was my fault :-) That Bynum thing was disastrous for me. Magnified all the underperforming that went on with my guys. Spent most of the season cycling through waiver wire options not many of which left me feeling like i was getting great value. The WW at times felt like a deep league. The only thing I didn't like about FAAB was the extra day's wait. I definitely missed the instant gratification of the next day add. Stat wise the adjustment was a little harder for me than i expected. I'm in leagues with about 8 different formats but most of those add more cats, so they don''t condense like we did. I definitely didn't pay enough attention to FTM when we drafted. It got really depressing seeing 1's and 2's in that column. So Paul pierce ended up being my best player and now I gotta pray he doesn't retire until i develop a keeper or two to replace him :~(
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby thelimey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Should we have a final rosters page whilst all the FA $ values are still accesible? Also when does trading resume?

I did prefer the days wait with the FAAB, as I'm in the UK I usually wake up in the morning to find the wire picked clean during the night but with the bidding process it gives everyone a chance to analyse the action & bid accordingly. I really struggled in the first half of the league with a 0.400 record but things turned around once Ilyasova was unleashed & Rubio came back, Tobias Harris was also a very useful late season pickup - on the flipside I expected a bit more from Monroe & Dragic. I've lost some flexibility on keepers by trading away Curry for Westbrook but should still be ok. Obviously very happy to have won from the 6th seed & looking forward to next season!
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Xperimental Keeper