Great draft guys. I figured I'd put some random thoughts on how it all went down:
1. I'm having second thoughts about going after one of the top 3. Spending $70+ on one pick kills the draft and keeper budget, and I'm not sure if it's worth it in the end
2. Not typically one to draft significant injury risk players, but ended up drafting Eric Gordon and David Lee. Having some buyer's remorse on both, but at least I didn't break the bank for either
3. Also atypical for me was not focusing more on bigs. I'm very envious of the big man bargains that were had later in the draft. RB had a bunch and cnote had a few as well. Just like in real life, can't go wrong going big. I will take solace in the fact that I was at least able to get Varejao for $5
4. I'm already thinking about my keeper budget, and right now I'd be keeping CP3 ($74), Iggy ($29), Lin/EG ($17/$16), and Varejao ($5), for a total of $125/$124. Some potential sets of keepers I see at a glance are:
- Bynum/Pau/Lawson/Gortat ($122)
- Deron/Horford/Harden/Lowry ($124)
- AlJeff/Wade/Lillard/Noah ($121)
- Dragic/Marc/Monroe/Curry or Jennings ($116)
- Davis/Blake/Holiday/Brook ($124)
- Durant/Thornton or Bosh/Afflalo or Bargnani/WesMatt ($123)
- Smoove/Teague/Rondo/Monta ($110)
- Kyrie/Westbrook/Isaiah/Kawhi ($121)
5. RB's team looks monstrous for this season, but his keeper situation is going to be tricky without pulling off some trades. Keeping both D12 and Cousins seems impossible since they come out to $117 by themselves. On the other hand, Hibbert and Pekovic appear to be great bargains for a total of $28 between them. Too early to know for certain, but some difficult decisions will have to be made keeper-wise on this roster as it stands.
6. phx_2008_champs has an interesting keeper situation too. With Lebron a guaranteed keeper, he'll have to choose between Rose and Aldridge as he won't be able to keep both since they cost $30 and $34 respectively. If he ends up keeping Lebron and Rose or Aldridge, then he won't be able to keep Granger at $16. This is another team that would need to make some trades if it ends up looking largely the same at the end of the season.