Al Harrington Very Iffy - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Al Harrington Very Iffy

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Al Harrington Very Iffy

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Previously, Harrington had been considered questionable for training camp, but his knee hasn't healed to the point where he'll be ready. Harrington had at least three knee surgeries over the summer due to complications which resulted in the veteran having a staph infection, so keep an eye on his status closely as we move toward the regular season as his return will be dictated by how his knee responds.

NBCSports
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 603)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Al Harrington Very Iffy

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 am

Huh. He just went from yawnstipating full on do not draft on my board.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm

All I have to say is you got what you deserved Rob Hennigan. Taking that garbage package back for Dwight over a stronger package from Houston was foolish. When the only decent thing you will have to show for this trade is a mediocre Aaron Afflalo and maybe Harkless pans out, you did a poor job.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm

DVauthrin wrote:All I have to say is you got what you deserved Rob Hennigan. Taking that garbage package back for Dwight over a stronger package from Houston was foolish. When the only decent thing you will have to show for this trade is a mediocre Aaron Afflalo and maybe Harkless pans out, you did a poor job.

The blame goes beyond Hennigan. Orlando mishandled Dwight long before Hennigan was hired. Hennigan is the youngest GM in the league with lack of experience. He mishandled it, but there are some rumors that the decision making on the deal was from other parties in the Magic organization. The Magic ownership and management got what they deserved. Actually, I kind of feel sorry for Hennigan because he was hired into an ugly situation and was in over his head.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm

geodbear wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:All I have to say is you got what you deserved Rob Hennigan. Taking that garbage package back for Dwight over a stronger package from Houston was foolish. When the only decent thing you will have to show for this trade is a mediocre Aaron Afflalo and maybe Harkless pans out, you did a poor job.

The blame goes beyond Hennigan. Orlando mishandled Dwight long before Hennigan was hired. Hennigan is the youngest GM in the league with lack of experience. He mishandled it, but there are some rumors that the decision making on the deal was from other parties in the Magic organization. The Magic ownership and management got what they deserved. Actually, I kind of feel sorry for Hennigan because he was hired into an ugly situation and was in over his head.

I know DeVos and Martins had their fingerprints all over it. Thus, I should have said Magic management got what they deserved. Regardless of the reason, I stand by my opinion that Houston easily had an offer on the table better than what Orlando got. I know they had better pieces to offer for sure. The sickening part is the Magic not only took garbage back, but they pandered to a guy trashing all over their franchise by sending him to a big market powerhouse in the Lakers.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cnote23 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm

does give Big baby a boost in fantasy value after all of this :-?
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 am

It seemed like the Magic Organization was as Surprised as anyone when they got to the finals. After that it was like they couldn't figure out the best way to build their team. Every subsequent move by Otis Smith was a disaster http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/smithot01x.html (including the Bass for Big Baby deal)
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bokzg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:41 am

cnote23 wrote:does give Big baby a boost in fantasy value after all of this :-?

I would say yes. They'll need scoring, and Big Baby is one of the only PF options other than Harrington.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

Davis will get some early run but he's really not very good and I expect him to get outplayed by Ayon and Nicholson.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby cnote23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Davis will get some early run but he's really not very good and I expect him to get outplayed by Ayon and Nicholson.

true
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates