2012-13 Rookie Watch - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Rookie Watch

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Rookie Watch

Postby Quackman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:21 pm

geodbear wrote:
Quackman wrote:What about Lamb and R. White. Neither played in the first game. You think they will get regular playing time soon. Lamb seems to be on a deeper team so im worried that im waiting for an injury before he plays.

If you were gonna drop one,,which one?

thanks

I'm going to say no. Neither one one will get regular playing time soon. White is already hampered by his anxiety issues, so they have special travel arrangements. OKC is deep and good. Lamb is backing up Martin who is coming off the bench behind Sefolosha. I prefer Lamb overall for the long term - White has skills but it's rather unique and hard to fit in along with his anxiety issues. But, if this is a non-dynasty league, and not super deep, I'd drop both.

16 team, redraft, standard cat. Not alot on the wire.
Quackman
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby big.d57 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Rizzo wrote:Being an owner of Damian Lillard in my dynasty league I'm very intrigued. Also, being a Celtic fan, I want to see what Sullinger brings to the table and if he can carve himself some consistent rotation minutes early on.

Well, Lillard is certainly dominating already. 20+ points and 7+ assists in every game so far....I'm very sad that I was not able to snatch him up in one of my leagues...
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby chewchewski » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 pm

big.d57 wrote:
Rizzo wrote:Being an owner of Damian Lillard in my dynasty league I'm very intrigued. Also, being a Celtic fan, I want to see what Sullinger brings to the table and if he can carve himself some consistent rotation minutes early on.

Well, Lillard is certainly dominating already. 20+ points and 7+ assists in every game so far....I'm very sad that I was not able to snatch him up in one of my leagues...

I'm so happy I got him in my 8th round. I hope he can keep this level of performance. Honestly though I kept my expectations of him low - somewhere around 15pts 6asts a night. Glad to see him take on that leading PG role in Portland.
chewchewski
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 am

big.d57 wrote:

The most amusing part of the whole Lillard thing is just how many internet yahoo's were nay-saying Lillard from the get go. Yes, I'm looking at you John Hollinger. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:37 am

So it looks like the return of kaman = the death of Jae Crowders value. :~(
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 am

bujfan2030 wrote:So it looks like the return of kaman = the death of Jae Crowders value. :~(

Not quite yet. Think Carlisle is experimenting. According to one of the Mav's beatwriters, he was experimenting bigger tonight and Murphy got a lot of Crawford's minutes as Dallas has been pretty bad in the rebounding department. Also, will be interesting to see if Marion's tweaked knee turns out to be anything at all.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby big.d57 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 am

bujfan2030 wrote:So it looks like the return of kaman = the death of Jae Crowders value. :~(

Marion also went down tonight so we could see an uptick in Crowder's minutes.
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby cnote23 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 am

Tyler Zeller had a nice game 15 pts 7 boards looked not half bad could be eating up some minutes from tristan .
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Not the best line from Lillard last night, however, I am really liking the kid and happy I grabbed him in my dynasty league's rookie draft.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:08 pm

So most of the season completed how do we feel about this once promising draft class. :-D
Davis was as good as advertised
MKG struggled a bit :,-(
Beal showed some promise. Shot 38% from 3 and seemed to benefit from the return of Wall
Thomas Robinson was not very good and ended up traded.
Lillard was better than expected :-B
Did Drummond show enough, that you'll have faith in him in the future?
Barnes wasn't awesome but he wasn't awful either.
Crowder showed some promise but ultimately got 'crowded' for minutes by those veterans. He's going to have to shoot better from 3 and the line.
Andrew Nicholson showed the ability to score but I was pretty disappointed with his rebounding(per 36 of 7.5)
Sullinger's back eventually caught up with him. Hard to believe this won't be a recurring problem.
How bad was Austin Rivers? He played the 11th most minutes of all eligible rookies(out of 76 players) and put up the lowest win share total for the season(-1.2)
Waiters wasn't as bad as i thought he'd be but I still don't think he was the 4th best player in the draft.

Some of the guys i hoped would play more spent the majority of the season shuttling to the D-league. Lamb, T. jones and P. Jones. They all performed well there, but none could crack there current team's lineups.
The European guys were solid if unspectacular. Valanciunas looks like a younger version of Gortat to me(stat-wise)
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers