2012-13 Rookie Watch - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Rookie Watch

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

2012-13 Rookie Watch

Postby Rizzo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm just glad I have Lillard on my dynasty team.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-13 Rookie Watch

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:54 pm

This draft looks top heavy so far. Davis and Lillard are obvious future all stars while Beal and Drummond can certainly get there. Mo Harkless has also been very impressive. It's too early to tell which guys will emerge as solid role players.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:This draft looks top heavy so far. Davis and Lillard are obvious future all stars while Beal and Drummond can certainly get there. Mo Harkless has also been very impressive. It's too early to tell which guys will emerge as solid role players.

The solid role players is the key comment here and I agree with it. I think guys that are meant to be superstars or at least close to it will show some promise in their rookie season no matter what. Are there other people in the class that can be productive role players? Sure, but I don't think they can get much better. Some of it just might be the might not get the opportunity. Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley kind of come to mind off the top of my head. They have had some productive seasons from a real life and fantasy perspective now, but I don't think they can ever be more than a third or fourth option on a team and scoring is a dime a dozen unfortunately.

I'd probably give a guy like Waiters the best chance to become great out of the group who I think looks to be struggling or not living up to their potential. I haven't seen much of MKG in person but given that team I'm shocked he hasn't been able to do more.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:53 am

I watch Lillard play and it just reminds me of how much I really love to be right. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

2012-13 Rookie Watch

Postby Rizzo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I watch Lillard play and it just reminds me of how much I really love to be right. :-b

I'm just glad I have him on my dynasty team.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers