2012-13 Training Camp/Preseason News - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

2012-13 Training Camp/Preseason News

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2012-13 Training Camp/Preseason News

Postby Harktheclark » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:21 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Harktheclark wrote:The problem is that I think Davis and Anderson could both be big liabilities in terms of fouls. Davis is a young, aggressive player on defense, and with the quality of offensive PFs in this league, he could have some real problems with fouls. Anderson in general is a little too undersized to play D on a lot of centers in this league, regardless of their offensive abilities.

Disagree. Most don't seem to realize that Davis has shown an uncanny instinct to avoid picking up fouls so I don't think it's suddenly going to become an issue. Even if he has some sporadic trouble, I expect him to adapt rather quickly.

We'll see. I just think playing against a lot of these talented PFs and guys who are over the hill yet very smart, he could have some problems getting into foul trouble. I think it goes without saying that he's playing against the best competition he's ever faced, and on a nightly basis as well. It could be a quick pick up by him, but I think its something to pay attention to.
Harktheclark
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Harktheclark wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
Harktheclark wrote:The problem is that I think Davis and Anderson could both be big liabilities in terms of fouls. Davis is a young, aggressive player on defense, and with the quality of offensive PFs in this league, he could have some real problems with fouls. Anderson in general is a little too undersized to play D on a lot of centers in this league, regardless of their offensive abilities.

Disagree. Most don't seem to realize that Davis has shown an uncanny instinct to avoid picking up fouls so I don't think it's suddenly going to become an issue. Even if he has some sporadic trouble, I expect him to adapt rather quickly.

We'll see. I just think playing against a lot of these talented PFs and guys who are over the hill yet very smart, he could have some problems getting into foul trouble. I think it goes without saying that he's playing against the best competition he's ever faced, and on a nightly basis as well. It could be a quick pick up by him, but I think its something to pay attention to.

No doubt that not all skills transfer linearly from college to the NBA but if you watched AD play plenty, you'd see the intelligence on his positioning, method and execution. His numbers compared very well with freshman guys like Duncan, Olajuwon, Mourning, Shaq and Ewing. However, one thing that jumps out at me is how many fewer fouls he averaged than the group. Considering all these more foul prone players played big minutes in their rookie seasons, I just can't see it hindering Unibrow in the slightest.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas out of today's Raptor scrimmage. Not a big deal about Lowry, but the more time Valanciunas misses, the further behind he'll get and likely will affect his early season playing time.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Dwight Howard running full contact plays with the first team today.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Sounds like Sheed is more likely to step into a game before Camby? ;-7
RedHopeful

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates