Eric Gordon's Knee Back in the News - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Eric Gordon's Knee Back in the News

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Eric Gordon's Knee Back in the News

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

lastemp3ror wrote:Still no post from Red? I guess he is still banging his head against the keyboard !+)

Yeah, I'm seriously trying to hold back pure anger right now. :-X

Here's where it seems to be at - the doctors think he should be able to play but Gordon is continuing to complain about some pain - that he doesn't feel right. !+) Make what you will of it but the Hornets will release a statement tomorrow.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Williams was uncertain what Gordon's current symptoms were, whether there was swelling in addition to the pain Gordon said he was having Tuesday.

"He probably does feel pain; that would be the only reason why a guy can't play," Williams said. "For me to try to read an MRI ... I'll find out more as we go forward. I try to not get into all that because that would just make me upset."

Williams said on Monday he would check with team physician Scott Montgomery to ascertain if playing Gordon would cause additional damage.

"I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say?

"I'm sure it's got to be medical. A guy just can't not play. It's got to be medical. At this point of the year, everybody is excited to play. I'm sure it's medical."

NOLA.com
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 pm

The diagnosis: you stopped me from going to Phoenix Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Does this mean that Xavier Henry may have even a little bit of value in leagues now?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Microfracture surgery may be a possible remedy to Eric Gordon's knee injury, according to ESPN.com.
Gordon's right knee has been one of the more mysterious injuries in the past couple years and microfracture doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea for the 23-year-old guard. Microfracture was once a death sentence for guys like Penny Hardaway, but players like Jason Kidd have been able to remain on the court. Gordon owners should weigh their options on whether he's more help than harm on their rosters.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Jon10433 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 pm

The Hornets must regret matching the Suns offer sheet now.
Jon10433
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby The Thrill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Eric Gordon told Yahoo! that a Chicago doctor said he'll be ready to return to action in four to six weeks from his knee injury and that he won't need knee surgery.
The Gordon news just keeps on coming, with a different spin every time. There's talk of microfracture surgery, but this latest report would indicate that he might be back around Christmas time, if not before. As usual, he's a bigger headache to own than any other player these days, and we're guessing we'll get more updates in the near future. Holding him in a daily league seems like more trouble than it's worth at this point, while Greivis Vasquez and Austin Rivers should continue to benefit from his extended absence. Vasquez is a must-own player at this point.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 pm

It appears his knee is treading a fine line with microfracture as a last resort. :-o
RedHopeful

Postby geodbear » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Has anyone stated what exactly is wrong with his knee? All I get is that it is hurt, it is sore. Suggesting microfracture surgery without saying what is wrong seems odd too.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 pm

geodbear wrote:Has anyone stated what exactly is wrong with his knee? All I get is that it is hurt, it is sore. Suggesting microfracture surgery without saying what is wrong seems odd too.

Nope. I've been harping this point like a madman among fellow friends/fans. So much time missed and yet zero conclusive reports.

Unfortunately, my paranoid brain also announced that a 4-6 week time frame fits too well with Dec. 15 (first date he can be traded). O:-)
RedHopeful

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates