scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Stephen Jackson

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

1.5M (.75M, .75M)

Sorry I started the betting wrong by not totaling the salary...
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Re: Stephen Jackson

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:08 pm

And I foolishly followed suit. Old habits...

2(1+1)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Raymond Felton

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:29 pm

;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Re: James Harden

Postby cnote23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 pm

5 mil 2.5 + 2.5
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 240)

Re: Stephen Curry-RFA

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:47 pm

DVauthrin wrote:the offer for you to match is:

DVauthrin wrote:80M(20M, 20M, 20M, 20M)

you have a maximum of 24 hrs to decide.

snakehuynh wrote:I'm not gonna match offer.

Therefore, curry belongs to DV.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft thread(The_Rob_Says is on the clock)

Postby TheRobSays » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Sorry for the delay:

Tobias Harris (MIL)
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Re: 2011-2012 trade thread

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm

silentjim wrote:Since deals have gone through without matching salaries or fitting into the old rules, I'm assuming we just move forward with, if you can make a trade and take on more salary and still stay under the cap, then do it. If you can't, then you can't make that trade.

We can just get rid of the rules pertaining to trades. I think we should keep that picks don't have value, but players drafted do. That way teams with little to no cap room, might be able to trade picks for smaller contracts or something along those lines, or some sort of cap relief.

I think we've stated in the past cash cannot change hands.

First of all I apologize for these oversight issues involving recent trades. I'm in favor of whatever the league decides on trades, so lets put it to a vote. I have no problem having the managers involved tweak the trades(myself included) if the league deems that the best course of action.

That said I found this in Kal's old rules:

if a team is over the (soft) cap limit, or doing a trade that would put it over it, salary it's taking on in the trade must be within 125% + 100k of the salary it's giving up. The way this reads to me is that if both teams are under the cap, and would remain that way after the trade that you don't have to follow the percentages. however I believe Kal still made us put a minimum salary in the trade, even in those cases. so technically the lee deal would have needed to be tweaked to reflect that. In the johnson-frye one, it would have been legal.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011-2012 trade thread

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
silentjim wrote:Since deals have gone through without matching salaries or fitting into the old rules, I'm assuming we just move forward with, if you can make a trade and take on more salary and still stay under the cap, then do it. If you can't, then you can't make that trade.

We can just get rid of the rules pertaining to trades. I think we should keep that picks don't have value, but players drafted do. That way teams with little to no cap room, might be able to trade picks for smaller contracts or something along those lines, or some sort of cap relief.

I think we've stated in the past cash cannot change hands.

First of all I apologize for these oversight issues involving recent trades. I'm in favor of whatever the league decides on trades, so lets put it to a vote. I have no problem having the managers involved tweak the trades(myself included) if the league deems that the best course of action.

That said I found this in Kal's old rules:

if a team is over the (soft) cap limit, or doing a trade that would put it over it, salary it's taking on in the trade must be within 125% + 100k of the salary it's giving up. The way this reads to me is that if both teams are under the cap, and would remain that way after the trade that you don't have to follow the percentages. however I believe Kal still made us put a minimum salary in the trade, even in those cases. so technically the lee deal would have needed to be tweaked to reflect that. In the johnson-frye one, it would have been legal.

Lets not try to retroactively change stuff that has already happened. Trade what you want when you want for whatever you want, as long as it keeps you under the cap. This should keep things competitive for a long time. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap