Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2011-12 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Raymond Felton

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:20 pm

2M (1M, 1M)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 trade thread

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm crying foul here! I just realized the David Lee deal as well, and I was SPECIFICALLY TOLD I couldn't trade draft picks for players!!! :-[

IN FACT, I even mentioned to dasein that the league should consider for next season, some type of monetary value for draft picks, to make them tradeable, like they are in the NBA.

I had NO REAL vested interest in this draft, and made a move or two to try and get some trade leverage. But one of the deals I offered didn't get accepted, for several different reasons, I'm sure, but I also think part of it was I had no players worth anything to anyone to trade away!!! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HELL OF A LOT EASIER IF ALL I HAD TO DO WAS OFFER UP MY FUCKING PICKS FOR TRADE!!!

Come on guys!!! :-C
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

George Hill

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Re: James Harden

Postby barrec » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

5.5M (2.75+2.75)
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 pm

You may have no vested interest in this years draft (most people didn't outside of the top group of picks), but it should be noted that Fenris offered up a pick in NEXT years draft, which is a loaded draft and something most people would have had a vested interest in. I'm not sure if you were willing to trade a pick of next year's draft you still can.

I also don't really apologize for that misunderstanding, The rules were like that last year too, just nobody was really under the cap to be able to make a move like that.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 189)

Postby nsink » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:07 pm

4.2 (2, 2.2)
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 111)

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm

So-Tex wrote:I'm crying foul here! I just realized the David Lee deal as well, and I was SPECIFICALLY TOLD I couldn't trade draft picks for players!!! :-[

IN FACT, I even mentioned to dasein that the league should consider for next season, some type of monetary value for draft picks, to make them tradeable, like they are in the NBA.

I had NO REAL vested interest in this draft, and made a move or two to try and get some trade leverage. But one of the deals I offered didn't get accepted, for several different reasons, I'm sure, but I also think part of it was I had no players worth anything to anyone to trade away!!! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HELL OF A LOT EASIER IF ALL I HAD TO DO WAS OFFER UP MY FUCKING PICKS FOR TRADE!!!

Come on guys!!! :-C

Fair enough. I too was of the impression that I had to move similar contracts for contracts at first, and I have always thought and it is written in the rules that:

- When trading, draft picks carry no salary with them, but rights to players that have already been drafted carry the relevant rookie contract.

This was the case last season as well.

What specifically are you/were you looking at that could help you out more so tex? I'd like to think this years draft class stinks enough that hopefully things didn't get to out of whack for you.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

Postby cnote23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm

6 mil 3+3
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby nsink » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey,

sorry if im new and causing all kinds of problems with the lee deal. But i needed to mvoe a PF?C so as not to hurt my chances of resigning love, and i thought id might as well see if i can get any value out of it then a straight drop. It made sense to me. And wld seem to be legal under NBA style rules. Now in this league we have our own rules, and im sorry if i didnt realize them well enough just getting here, and messed something up.

If the league wants me/us (fenris) to change something we can talk, but it'd have reprecussions because i needed that lee move to not hurt my Love tie-breaker chances, and have since planned accordingly with my cap and all.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 111)

Re: Stephen Jackson

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

3.5M(1.75, 1.75)
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap