nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2011-2012 trade thread

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 pm

nsink wrote:Hey,

sorry if im new and causing all kinds of problems with the lee deal. But i needed to mvoe a PF?C so as not to hurt my chances of resigning love, and i thought id might as well see if i can get any value out of it then a straight drop. It made sense to me. And wld seem to be legal under NBA style rules. Now in this league we have our own rules, and im sorry if i didnt realize them well enough just getting here, and messed something up.

If the league wants me/us (fenris) to change something we can talk, but it'd have reprecussions because i needed that lee move to not hurt my Love tie-breaker chances, and have since planned accordingly with my cap and all.

You are doing just fine. I've been playing in the league from inception, as has Fenris and we messed up too. We aren't going to retroactively change the deals. Chalk it up to poor league oversight and fix it from here on out.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 165)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stephen Jackson

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm

4.8(2.5+2.3)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Re: George Hill

Postby nsink » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

1.5 (.75, .75)
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
nsink wrote:Hey,

sorry if im new and causing all kinds of problems with the lee deal. But i needed to mvoe a PF?C so as not to hurt my chances of resigning love, and i thought id might as well see if i can get any value out of it then a straight drop. It made sense to me. And wld seem to be legal under NBA style rules. Now in this league we have our own rules, and im sorry if i didnt realize them well enough just getting here, and messed something up.

If the league wants me/us (fenris) to change something we can talk, but it'd have reprecussions because i needed that lee move to not hurt my Love tie-breaker chances, and have since planned accordingly with my cap and all.

You are doing just fine. I've been playing in the league from inception, as has Fenris and we messed up too. We aren't going to retroactively change the deals. Chalk it up to poor league oversight and fix it from here on out.

Exactly. We won't change anything, but we do know we need to fix it now.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Andrei Kirilenko

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:36 pm

DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes, I realized that MORE than one person had draft picks in next year's draft available!

Here's the back story:

DV wanted to swap picks with me - my 1st for his 2012 1st - because he had two guys he wanted from the draft. That's all fine, I would have just settled for that. BUT, I really wanted a player back in return. AND, he now owns Manu Ginobili, who I would have loved to have, being a Spurs fan in real life. So, I made another deal, this time with dasein, to swap HIS 2nd round pick with mine. NOW, I had two picks in a row - #16 and #1 in the 2nd. I made the offer to DV that I would PICK the two guys he wanted, that way they would be on my salary, AND, I would offer him my OTHER 1st round pick, Tristan Thompson, AND, he would have to take Luke Ridnour from me at 2.4M, so I could make the salaries match for Manu. DV walked away from the table, so I picked the two guys, and the rest is history.

NOW...I pose this question to the league, as well as nsink:

IF I HAD OFFERED YOU (HIM) MY THREE DRAFT PICKS FOR THIS YEAR, #'S 5, 16, AND 3 IN THE 2ND ROUND, WOULD YOU (HE) HAVE CONSIDERED A DEAL FOR MANU GINOBILI???

It's got NOTHING TO DO with he PIIIIIICKS...it's got EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE RUUUUULES!!!

THAT'S MY POINT! I don't care that I jumped through hoops to make a deal, and DV walked away from it. I'm not BITTER about that! I'll simply trade those guys later in the pre-season for minimum wage scurbs and be done with it, no problem! BUT I COULD HAVE, AND WOULD HAVE, MADE NSINK AN OFFER OF DRAFT PICKS THIS SEASON, AND EVEN NEXT SEASON, FOR A GUY I REALLY, REALLY WANTED!!!

Yes, the rules were like that last year as well...BUT THEY WERE NOT FOLLOWED HERE!!! Except for myself, WHO ASKED IF I COULD TRADE PICKS FOR PLAYERS, AND WAS TOLD NO!

And on top of THAT, I was even trying to offer up CRAP (Luke freaking Ridnour!) IN ORDER TO MAKE THE SALARIES MATCH! ANOTHER RULE I WAS FOLLOWING!!!

BUT APPARENTLY ALLLLLLL THAT'S GONE OUT THE WINDOW, BECAUSE WE ALLLLLLLL HAVE CAP SPACE!

Fine...enjoy the rest of the auctions, and trading...I'm going to just sit and wait until right before the season starts, get my 11 scrubs, and hang on for the ride. :-C

And sorry guys, I've been typeing while you all have been posting.

@Jim: I just want players I want, buddy. I LIKE Manu, I wanted MANU. I've got Splitter...because I LIKE having Splitter. Yes, I want to compete...but I also want the opportunity to play Khan as well.

@sink: You didn't do anything wrong. But would you have taken the offer I mentioned above? Three draft picks, plus maybe a future one, for Manu?

@ the others: So we can now break the rules once, then ask for forgiveness, and move on? Sweet...I like that...expect me to be making my next trade for salary cap space, straight up, then I'll apologize for it, and we'll settle it NEXT off-season. Sounds good to me! ;-D

:-C
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 215)

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

To me, I saw and thought about the trade, and thought it wasn't breaking any rule because the way I understood it before was that if you have cap space then any trade is accepted. I didn't realize that we had made a mistake in the new rules.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Andrei Kirilenko

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

0.5(0.25+0.25)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

So-Tex wrote:Yes, I realized that MORE than one person had draft picks in next year's draft available!

@ the others: So we can now break the rules once, then ask for forgiveness, and move on? Sweet...I like that...expect me to be making my next trade for salary cap space, straight up, then I'll apologize for it, and we'll settle it NEXT off-season. Sounds good to me! ;-D

:-C

First off, I like the signing of Gortat and Hayes for you. Congrats. ;-D I also love how dedicated and passionate you are in this league. That said, I've already stated that I'm fine with having all 4 managers involved re-work the trades to fit the rule. I also said that we can/should take a league vote on whether to keep the 150% rule or scrap it with the institution of the hard cap. I'm just gauging league wide opinion right now, and it seems to be in favor of changing the rule or not retroactively vetoing the trades. I'm not trying to piss the league off or divide owners. I've done a lot to ensure this league gets up and running smoothly(from recruiting owners, the free agent groups, posting players and merging winning bids to their appropriate places). I am a fair individual, and I'm not trying to get over on anyone.

Also, as a friend, I'd advise you to stop taking things quite this seriously. It's a game we play for fun, it isn't something worth getting worked up as much as you do.

As for Manu, I told you earlier that day that you had nothing on your team that was even comparable in talent to him, so dealing him was a no go. I stressed to you that I would swap a future pick for the 16th pick, nothing more, unless deron was on the table.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap