2011-12 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2011-12 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Roy Hibbert

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:07 am

I'm just trying to understand the rules. I don't care how high Hibbert goes or who he goes to. Didn't think it'd cause so much of a hassle :-/
Last edited by 4ndrew on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:13 am

4ndrew wrote:I'm just trying to understand the rules. I don't care how high Hibbert goes or who he goes to. Didn't think it'd cause so much of a hassle :-/

Also, don't you have to waive those players first before you bid, not after in case you win?

This isn't a hassel, it's just some friendly smack talk. And no, I don't need to waive anyone, because unless I win I don't need the space. Why would you waive a guy before you need to? :-?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am

If saying who you'd waive to get under the cap means you can bid over it, then I'm ok with that :)

7.75M (4, 3.75)
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: Amir Johnson

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:20 am

heh, and now its legal again depending on whether you re-bid on Hibbert :)
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:22 am

4ndrew wrote:If saying who you'd waive to get under the cap means you can bid over it, then I'm ok with that :)

7.75M (4, 3.75)

That's my lad. ;-D Enjoy him in good health.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 am

4ndrew wrote:heh, and now its legal again depending on whether you re-bid on Hibbert :)

Not really, if it was illegal when I made it, for whatever reason, subsequent results in other auctions don't fix that.

Mind you, I'll happily make that 1M (1/1) bid agin now that I can, but at the time someone else could have made the same or lower bid and been legal.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 am

3M(1.5, 1.5)
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 am

4ndrew wrote:If saying who you'd waive to get under the cap means you can bid over it, then I'm ok with that :)

7.75M (4, 3.75)

This is the current good bid. 4ndrew your previous bid didn't add up right anyway. It should have been 6.5M total, but you had 7.5M. :-D

Fenris, you got outbid, but either way your prior bid wouldn't be recognized since you either have 3.1 Million or 3.6 Million available depending on if you waive Norris Cole.

4ndrew if you'd like to move to a bid just over snake's last correct bid, you would be able to do that. He's bid totaled 7M if you would like to attempt to save a few K.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am

Ok yes, why not, sorry for the poor adding up - this is what I meant to bid after snake's bid anyway:-

7.5M (3.75 3.75)
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am

These bids for Fenris would be ok since they fall within his remaining salary, but it doesn't sound like it matters too much since there is bound to be more bidding...
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap