Lin's Knee? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lin's Knee?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Lin's Knee?

Postby bujfan2030 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 am

Mitch Lawrence had a column slamming Lin that pretty much had me wanting to punch him in the nads http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lin-rockets-bargained-article-1.1182684?localLinksEnabled=false
particularly didn't care for this
Lin didn’t have microfracture surgery or tear his ACL, so we can now safely assume that he’s one of the world’s slowest healers.

Recovery time on a repaired Meniscus can be up to 4-6 months. Using him getting torched by Westbrook as an example of his "obvious" flaws is intellectually lazy and dishonest. We already know Lin's gifts aren't superior athleticism and that he's going to struggle guarding some of the league's better point guards. but he does have great court vision, and is a great PNR PG. Another unproven guy, Goran Dragic signed for an average salary of 7.5 million. So Lin's salary isn't out of line in the current NBA market.
If you want to argue, the Knicks didn't need to pay Lin, because of poor fit with Anthony, I can buy that. But please don't try to tell me you upgraded the position with Raymond Felton and an almost dead Jason Kidd.

Anyway, how many of you are worried about Lin's Knee, and how much are you downgrading him?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Lin's Knee?

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 am

bujfan2030 wrote:Mitch Lawrence had a column slamming Lin that pretty much had me wanting to punch him in the nads http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lin-rockets-bargained-article-1.1182684?localLinksEnabled=false
particularly didn't care for this
Lin didn’t have microfracture surgery or tear his ACL, so we can now safely assume that he’s one of the world’s slowest healers.

Recovery time on a repaired Meniscus can be up to 4-6 months. Using him getting torched by Westbrook as an example of his "obvious" flaws is intellectually lazy and dishonest. We already know Lin's gifts aren't superior athleticism and that he's going to struggle guarding some of the league's better point guards. but he does have great court vision, and is a great PNR PG. Another unproven guy, Goran Dragic signed for an average salary of 7.5 million. So Lin's salary isn't out of line in the current NBA market.
If you want to argue, the Knicks didn't need to pay Lin, because of poor fit with Anthony, I can buy that. But please don't try to tell me you upgraded the position with Raymond Felton and an almost dead Jason Kidd.

Anyway, how many of you are worried about Lin's Knee, and how much are you downgrading him?

None, and not at all. Why you chose to read the trash that is the New York Daily News is beyond me. That's not journalism, it's a joke.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bujfan2030 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:48 am

I only ask because Lin himself is describing himself at far less than 100%
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jphanned » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 am

This whole thread is ugh.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby bujfan2030 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 am

Rounders Block wrote
This whole thread is ugh.
By ugh I'm assuming you mean awesome :-b
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:00 am

It's hard to downgrade him because he's going right around the early part of the 6th round. He hasn't missed time yet due to soreness or the staff being concerned about further injury. Rather, it's strictly been an endurance issue where his strength isn't there yet. Considering HOU reliance on his position and his potential w/o glaring future complications, he looks fine.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby schweigersaipan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm

At least Houston has Toney Douglas to fall back on as Lin is recovering.
Saipan Surfer
schweigersaipan
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 35)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates