Let's Give Kevin Love a hand... - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Let's Give Kevin Love a hand...

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Let's Give Kevin Love a hand...

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Tough, tough news for Wolves and Love. Per @JerryZgoda, Love broke two bones in his right hand at practice Wed. Out 6-8 weeks.

So it looks like Kevin Love has broken his hand and is out for 6-8 weeks. Is Williams now relevant?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Let's Give Kevin Love a hand...

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Sigh, never would have bet Love to be the first starter on the Wolves to miss games. ;-7

Williams is indeed relevant, but I wouldn't sleep on Budinger in at least deeper leagues. AK can spend a good deal of time at PF too.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Sigh, never would have bet Love to be the first starter on the Wolves to miss games. ;-7

Williams is indeed relevant, but I wouldn't sleep on Budinger in at least deeper leagues. AK can spend a good deal of time at PF too.

I think Dante Cunningham could be the real dark horse for fantasy relevance here. He, along with AK and Pek would make for one of the most defensively tenacious and offensively challenged front courts in the league.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Sigh, never would have bet Love to be the first starter on the Wolves to miss games. ;-7

I think Dante Cunningham could be the real dark horse for fantasy relevance here. He, along with AK and Pek would make for one of the most defensively tenacious and offensively challenged front courts in the league.

Think so? His PER36 stats aren't inspiring...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Phil O'Pastry wrote:

Think so? His PER36 stats aren't inspiring...

I think he can be a good short term/waiver wire acquisition. He can put up numbers in pretty much all the cats, just not all during the same game.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team

Postby spud_webb_04 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 pm

I already picked up dwill where i could, i'm really in trouble in a h2h league where i own both love and wall
spud_webb_04
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 141)

Postby MrPalindrom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 pm

This interesting news for leauges that haven´t drafted already. How early would you guys be ready to pick him up, esp in a shallow H2H league?

Am I crazy for wanting him in the top 100?
MrPalindrom
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:42 am

I've seen recommendations of 3rd round to not at all. If he hits the worst case projection of 8 weeks i'd be comfortable taking him in the fifth round. But realistically I can almost guarantee you someone in your league will take him earlier than that.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 am

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/174638131.html

I'd go with Budinger and Cunningham as short term targets for now. Cunningham might come off the bench, but I think he's going to get the minutes. And Adelman loves Budinger. Williams gets the leftovers for now. Williams may have a future, but Glen Taylor really really wants this team to do well now. He needs investors into this team and wanted that to happen this season. I don't think they put Williams out there if they feel they can stay more competitive and win more games with veterans such as Budinger or Amundson while they await the return of Rubio and Love to really kick it in gear for a playoff chance.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:07 am

The Thrill wrote:http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/174638131.html

I'd go with Budinger and Cunningham as short term targets for now. Cunningham might come off the bench, but I think he's going to get the minutes. And Adelman loves Budinger. Williams gets the leftovers for now. Williams may have a future, but Glen Taylor really really wants this team to do well now. He needs investors into this team and wanted that to happen this season. I don't think they put Williams out there if they feel they can stay more competitive and win more games with veterans such as Budinger or Amundson while they await the return of Rubio and Love to really kick it in gear for a playoff chance.

This seems a bit backwards to me. Give the guy with the highest ceiling the leftovers? Is that sound strategy regarding a second overall pick? A guy who either is going to be a big part of their future or have his value pushed up to entice teams on the trade market? I'm not saying Adelman pencils Williams in for 30+ a night but he's going to see if there is some shine in him. Just as much as Taylor wants the team to do well, the season isn't lost. Love is going to miss like what, 16 games? If Williams doesn't fall on his face, I don't see how Cunningham ends up with more time.
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates