biznac
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby silentjim » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 am

Wow. This happened fast and right before the season started. :-B

Still not sure Harden is a number 1 anywhere, but I guess it's time to find out.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby ggs » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 am

definitely out of left field. lin / harden is a nice starting backcourt. thunder get a whole lot deeper.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby Harktheclark » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 am

Harden is going to start and probably be the number one option on offense, I am glad I own him in a couple of keepers.

I think the move hurts them some this year, but they are much better off in the long run. Martin might be able to shoot with Harden, but can't compete with the Beard's passing and defensive skills. They might not rely on him facilitating the offense AS much now with Maynor healthy.
Harktheclark
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

How does the Harden trade affect all players on both teams?

Postby Dongmunch » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 am

This trade was wiiild!

How do you guys see this trade affecting all players on the Rockets and the Thunder?

Bump for Harden all around? Everything besides efficiency? KevMart downgraded? Better shooting, more/less 3s?

Lin becomes more efficient than predicted, more assists? How is Parsons, Delfino affected? Does Lamb or Perry Jones III make a difference on someone's roster?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
LOD - Standard Yahoo 12team 9cat
Westbrook/Ellis/MoWill/LouWill
Thornton/Redick
Gay/DWright/Carter
Brand/Mullens
Cousins/BLopez
Dongmunch
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 am

Heck Yeah! Morey finally delivers on all these assets. Love this deal as a Rockets fan, though the thunder got good value here. Excited to watch a Lin and Harden backcourt in Houston.

James Harden is really good guys. He's very Ginobili like in his game. Very excited right now. And thrilled to get rid of the garbage that is Kevin Martin. Hate that guy. He puts up empty stats and plays no defense. Losing Lamb and the Toronto pick are all that suck out of this, but getting a young all star they will lock up for 4 years makes it worth it.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 am

Harktheclark wrote:Harden is going to start and probably be the number one option on offense, I am glad I own him in a couple of keepers.

I think the move hurts them some this year, but they are much better off in the long run. Martin might be able to shoot with Harden, but can't compete with the Beard's passing and defensive skills. They might not rely on him facilitating the offense AS much now with Maynor healthy.

Agree with everything.

Feel like the one mistake Presti made was essentially choosing Westbrook over Harden.

HOU is going to be fun to watch. Lin/Harden/Parsons are all willing passers. Asik is going to get plenty of easy scores.

Now someone needs to go get Dvauthrin a double shot of the good stuff. Something to get him off the ceiling... :-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Harktheclark » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:02 am

For sure, Red, you essentially have two PGs back there to move the ball around, its going to help someone like Asik develop offensively.
Harktheclark
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: How does the Harden trade affect all players on both tea

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 am

Dongmunch wrote:This trade was wiiild!

How do you guys see this trade affecting all players on the Rockets and the Thunder?

Bump for Harden all around? Everything besides efficiency? KevMart downgraded? Better shooting, more/less 3s?

Lin becomes more efficient than predicted, more assists? How is Parsons, Delfino affected? Does Lamb or Perry Jones III make a difference on someone's roster?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Think everyone gets a bump in HOU. Very good players tend to do that when there is a large vacuum to fill on a team full of role players.

Thunder isn't all that interesting. Am curious if Kevin Martin is put into the 6th role or gets the start over Thabo. If Brooks isn't the African's worst nightmare anymore, maybe Ibaka prospers the most? More minutes and more usage?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 am

RedHopeful wrote:
Harktheclark wrote:Harden is going to start and probably be the number one option on offense, I am glad I own him in a couple of keepers.

Agree with everything.

Feel like the one mistake Presti made was essentially choosing Westbrook over Harden.

HOU is going to be fun to watch. Lin/Harden/Parsons are all willing passers. Asik is going to get plenty of easy scores.

Now someone needs to go get Dvauthrin a double shot of the good stuff. Something to get him off the ceiling... :-D

I'm not coming down off this high anytime soon, but if we start talking University of Texas football it will kill my buzz. Harden is going to make Lin look so much better. Lin can focus on scoring and not have to be as much of a faciliator since the Beard can do that as well. The Rockets needed a young star. They got one. Harden is more a number 2 on a title team but hopefully him and Lin can attract the power forward they need to complete the team. Or D-Mo or White become the long term answer.

Also, I'm thrilled to be rid of Kevin Martin. I couldn't stand him.

FWIW, the thunder are my second favorite team, so I hope this doesn't stop them from getting a chance to dethrone miami this year.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates