Harden traded to Houston - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden traded to Houston

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am

I don't want to hear any moaning about small market shizz and the CBA here either. The Thunder could have kept him if they'd wanted to, and didn't. To which I say HAH! All the respect in the world for Houston in getting the deal done though, it was a magnificent rebound from shooting blanks in the D12 sweepstakes. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6303
(Past Year: 360)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Haha - anyone catch the Beauty and the Beard yet? :-b
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 683)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby The Thrill » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Haha - anyone catch the Beauty and the Beard yet? :-b


:-b ;-D
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Don't look now, but last night's performance brought down Harden's per game rank to 21st on BBM. His FG% is down to .446 and he's averaging 5 turnovers.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1494
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm

deadshot11 wrote:Don't look now, but last night's performance brought down Harden's per game rank to 21st on BBM. His FG% is down to .446 and he's averaging 5 turnovers.

What a bust. :-B

Bumps in the night were expected in my book. Giving him 15-20ish games in his new surroundings and then we'll know his truer value with games thereafter IMO.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 683)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:41 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
deadshot11 wrote:Don't look now, but last night's performance brought down Harden's per game rank to 21st on BBM. His FG% is down to .446 and he's averaging 5 turnovers.

What a bust. :-B

Bumps in the night were expected in my book. Giving him 15-20ish games in his new surroundings and then we'll know his truer value with games thereafter IMO.


Oh, I know. Just responding to everyone boasting he was clearly a first-rounder after 2 games. One week does not a fantasy season make.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1494
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm

deadshot11 wrote:One week does not a fantasy season make.


I can't be the only who thought this?

Image

:-D
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 683)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby reptar15 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm

deadshot11 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
deadshot11 wrote:Don't look now, but last night's performance brought down Harden's per game rank to 21st on BBM. His FG% is down to .446 and he's averaging 5 turnovers.

What a bust. :-B

Bumps in the night were expected in my book. Giving him 15-20ish games in his new surroundings and then we'll know his truer value with games thereafter IMO.


Oh, I know. Just responding to everyone boasting he was clearly a first-rounder after 2 games. One week does not a fantasy season make.



i can't believe people thought harden would be 1st-2nd round material before or after the trade
look at houston's roster he will be forcing up shots every game
the smart owners would have sold high on harden right after the first game
Weekly 10 team h2h standard 9 cats

pg: lowry, conley, hill
sg: mathews, leonard
sf: durant, hayward,
pf: ibaka, millsap, ilyasova, markieff morris
c: gortat, chandler, valanciunas, robin lopez
reptar15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach


Posts: 844
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby toughtrasher » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 pm

reptar15 wrote:
i can't believe people thought harden would be 1st-2nd round material before or after the trade
look at houston's roster he will be forcing up shots every game
the smart owners would have sold high on harden right after the first game

haha, my friend had Harden and I tried to trade for him but he didn't want to sell high at all and ended up keeping him
I'm over here laughing my *** off at Harden's FG% :)
toughtrasher
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 79
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Nov 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:44 am

Look are you really gonna bet on him shooting this badly all season. the TO's are correctible. Does he need some more help, you bet. That's a young team that's got some growing to do. What we're looking at here is the floor.
Image
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1420
(Past Year: 86)
Joined: 1 Dec 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues



Get Ready...
The 2014 NBA season starts in 11:05 hours
(and 89 days)


  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact