Harden traded to Houston - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden traded to Houston

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Harden traded to Houston

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 am

silentjim wrote:I do wonder what kind of changes in stats will see from him with Howard in the picture. Better looks? More assists? Fewer points?

Maybe all the above? I'm thinking he'll learn to share a bit again, after all, he did play with Durant + Westy.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jphanned » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:33 am

silentjim wrote:Yeah this was a cool thread. The funny part is his FG% and TOs stunk kind of like I mentioned, but he took more shots than I ever expected and got to the line more and his counting stats in general were just phenomenal for a guard.

I do wonder what kind of changes in stats will see from him with Howard in the picture. Better looks? More assists? Fewer points?

The FG% looks a bit worse than it was actually was. Few players are capable of taking on his sort of workload (both usage and minutes), and it really started to wear on him late. He shot 39% in March and April over the final 21 games; was shooting 45% up until then.

I'm thinking projections-wise to scale back points to around 24 ppg and up the FG% to 46. He was diming at a career-high rate already last year, so wouldn't expect anything sizable there. Perhaps the TO will drop closer to 3.5.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby silentjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:39 am

jphanned wrote:
silentjim wrote:Yeah this was a cool thread. The funny part is his FG% and TOs stunk kind of like I mentioned, but he took more shots than I ever expected and got to the line more and his counting stats in general were just phenomenal for a guard.

I do wonder what kind of changes in stats will see from him with Howard in the picture. Better looks? More assists? Fewer points?

The FG% looks a bit worse than it was actually was. Few players are capable of taking on his sort of workload (both usage and minutes), and it really started to wear on him late. He shot 39% in March and April over the final 21 games; was shooting 45% up until then.

I'm thinking projections-wise to scale back points to around 24 ppg and up the FG% to 46. He was diming at a career-high rate already last year, so wouldn't expect anything sizable there. Perhaps the TO will drop closer to 3.5.

Good call. Hadn't dove into any splits on him yet. I would think it's possible he comes closer to 3 threes a game too. Though the 2.3 was obviously nothing to scoff at.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby bujfan2030 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 am

Anybody have any thoughts on how the Asik/Motiejunas/Jones/G Smith minutes shake out? How many of you think a trade is likely here? Motiejunas appears to be the better outside shooter. but Jones much better on the boards and defense. :-?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 am

bujfan2030 wrote:Anybody have any thoughts on how the Asik/Motiejunas/Jones/G Smith minutes shake out? How many of you think a trade is likely here? Motiejunas appears to be the better outside shooter. but Jones much better on the boards and defense. :-?

That's a huge mess, fantasy-wise, and I'm not touching it unless I have some sort of inside info. Or as a flyer in a deep league.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby NZROCKET » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:46 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:Anybody have any thoughts on how the Asik/Motiejunas/Jones/G Smith minutes shake out? How many of you think a trade is likely here? Motiejunas appears to be the better outside shooter. but Jones much better on the boards and defense. :-?

My money is on Terrance Jones to take the starting spot. He has been impressive according to Dwight, Lin in interveiws so far. Yesterday in pre season he played well but sounds like there is going to be alot of experimental play going on with the 4/5 Spots.

Dwight/Asik, Dwight/Jones, Dwight/Parsons, Dwight/Casspi, Dwight/Montijunas

Nightmare trying to figure that one out!!
NZROCKET
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates