11-2-2012 Daily Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

11-2-2012 Daily Thread

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 11-2-2012 Daily Thread

Postby silentjim » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:25 pm

The Knicks just worked Miami over and with Boston losing pretty handedly, it just makes me think the Heat aren't as good as most people think. They still have no interior defense what to speak of. The Knicks game plan was attack the rim and kick out for three which worked insanely well. Literally most of the time Shane Battier was the help defense in the paint which is crazy.

After watching the Bulls in their second game I have decent hopes for this season. Their defense is insane and Kirk Hinrich clearly loves being a Bull. He made Irving look like garbage last night. I think the Bulls could potentially still win the central with a weak division, but I do recognize they'd struggle in any kind of playoff series with teams being able to focus on their weaknesses as opposed to just playing one game here and there over the course of a season.

Also Carlos Boozer had a monster jam in the game, which is always a good sign since he so rarely does it any more. :-D

I can't get my fantasy teams to show either. :-B
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't think I'm going to read too much into that Knicks Miami game. For one thing New York's not going to shoot 53% from three every game. Miami's had games like this the past couple of seasons, and I can't see that it's made much difference come playoff time.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 pm

While I don't know that they can count on Kemba scoring like that often, I thought there was a lot to like about charlotte's performance. They seem to be better defensively and they were pretty effective using a zone last night. They worked really hard on the boards. They got to the line quite a bit and shot well from the line. I don't think I'd increase any win projection for them. But they've got a pretty smart coach and I think they'll be more competitive.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby lastemp3ror » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Not sure why people were that down on the bulls. They aren't a championship contender without Rose but they are very capable of getting into the playoffs without him.

Curry had a great game. Once he puts another two together I would sell high.
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 pm

A ton of upsets last night, huh? Probably not a good idea to read much into any of them this early in the season but the Nuggets losing to the Magic and the Bucks trouncing the Celtics in Boston stuck out for me. Oh and the Lakers suck. Think I heard the earliest a coach was fired was 9 games into the season. Anyone think Brown can push that mark?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers