has Derozan arrived on the fantasy scene or not - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

has Derozan arrived on the fantasy scene or not

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: has Derozan arrived on the fantasy scene or not

Postby The Thrill » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Derozan's two great games so far (out of 3 played) have been against the Nets and the Wolves. ;-7 I think we need to see him play against slightly better teams than that before getting too excited.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby spud_webb_04 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Yeah I'd do the Turner deal too. Mostly for the pick, but Turner may still pan out too. I actually wouldn't be surprised if DeRozan outperforms Turner on the season this year though, at least by a little bit. It's not a huge win for you, but there's value there. Depinding on who you;d have to drop of course...

the deal came through a little bit different but i like it still

gave up derozan and perry jones
got turner, james johnson, a first rounder for next years draft +/- pick 6-7-8, and a sec rnd pick for 2014 +/- pick 18

i'm not a turner fan but i will get more overall stats from him, i have a scoring team so won't miss derozan too much
but i also think derozan will be better this year and maybe crack the top 100
Very tough to get value from him but i think i did pretty well
spud_webb_04
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 141)

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

spud_webb_04 wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:Yeah I'd do the Turner deal too. Mostly for the pick, but Turner may still pan out too. I actually wouldn't be surprised if DeRozan outperforms Turner on the season this year though, at least by a little bit. It's not a huge win for you, but there's value there. Depinding on who you;d have to drop of course...

got turner, james johnson, a first rounder for next years draft +/- pick 6-7-8, and a sec rnd pick for 2014 +/- pick 18

i'm not a turner fan but i will get more overall stats from him, i have a scoring team so won't miss derozan too much

Nice. I actually like James Johnson still quite a bit in H2H particularly. He can get a decent amount of steals and blocks in a game if needed.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:19 pm

silentjim wrote:
spud_webb_04 wrote:

Nice. I actually like James Johnson still quite a bit in H2H particularly. He can get a decent amount of steals and blocks in a game if needed.

There you go growing an affinity for your BOSF personnel again. :-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 am

Why is there so much hating on DeRozan in this thread? I regret not owning him in any league. He is clearly the go to guy with Lowry out, and he is still a good scorer even when Lowry is healthy.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 am

The thing with Derozan is without a consistent 3 point shot, he probably needs to get to the line a bit more consistently. The improvement in his passing seems like a good sign. I am sort of wondering if Toronto saw something in his development that wasn't apparent to the rest of us.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby reptar15 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 am

bujfan2030 wrote:The thing with Derozan is without a consistent 3 point shot, he probably needs to get to the line a bit more consistently. The improvement in his passing seems like a good sign. I am sort of wondering if Toronto saw something in his development that wasn't apparent to the rest of us.

nope colangelo is an idiot you are giving him too much credit

he saw the same thing in landry frields and ross in his attempt to bring in nash.
Weekly 10 team h2h standard 9 cats

pg: lowry, conley, hill
sg: mathews, leonard
sf: durant, hayward,
pf: ibaka, millsap, ilyasova, markieff morris
c: gortat, chandler, valanciunas, robin lopez
reptar15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby lastemp3ror » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I haven't been watching many raptor games but my guy is telling me to sell high on derozan. I get the feeling his numbers will be dropping once Lowry returns.
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ggs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 pm

lastemp3ror wrote:I haven't been watching many raptor games but my guy is telling me to sell high on derozan. I get the feeling his numbers will be dropping once Lowry returns.

sell when you can yeah. that being said, demar has been playing well lately. handle (always an issue with him) actually looked half decent yesterday.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

lastemp3ror wrote:I haven't been watching many raptor games but my guy is telling me to sell high on derozan. I get the feeling his numbers will be dropping once Lowry returns.

I haven't been watching either, but I agree. There's no way he can keep up this kind of production all season, especially with Lowry out. If you can sell high and get a proven fantasy contributor back in return, jump on it. Even if he has a nice improvement on his game this season you should still be able to capitalize, even if its just a small increase in value.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers