Blake Griffin's Rebounding Numbers - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Blake Griffin's Rebounding Numbers

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Blake Griffin's Rebounding Numbers

Postby allen.banfield » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 am

I know its a bit early in the season, but is anyone else a bit concerned with Griffin's rebounding numbers thus far? Maybe its just a match-up thing (i know he's struggled against Grizzlies front line), but when watching him play against the Warriors the other night, I often saw Blake just chilling on the perimeter after a shot went up. It just doesn't seem like Blake doesn't really crash the boards or have a nose for the ball like I thought he would. Though to his credit, if the ball did happen to bounce his way, he's likely to out jump anyone else for the rebound. Just seems kind of concerning to me...he seems to be settling for jumpers, and if he's not going to rebound at an elite rate, I really don't see much value in him at all (outside of pts and some decent assists from a big man.) Any cause for concern here or is it too early in the season to draw any conclusions?
allen.banfield
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Blake Griffin's Rebounding Numbers

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 am

Probably too early but can't say for sure till I see a full LAC game.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Re: Blake Griffin's Rebounding Numbers

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

At least we have a probably culprit:

Clippers forward Blake Griffin is playing through a burst bursa sac in his right elbow, Griffin said after Monday’s loss to Cleveland.
Griffin said the problem happens nearly every year, though “never this bad.”

Blake Griffin is wearing a heavy wrap on his right elbow, which has been bothering him because of a burst bursa sac.

Through four games, Griffin is averaging 16.3 points on 45.1-percent shooting. Both numbers are below his career averages.

Bursa sacs are small pouches filled with fluid that cushion and lubricate joints. While the injury is painful, Griffin is expected to play through it.
Before Monday’s game with Cleveland, Griffin showed discomfort on his face as he warmed up, missing his first few shots well short.

OC register
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers