Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

11-7-2012 Daily Thread

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 11-7-2012 Daily Thread

Postby deadshot11 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:44 am

RedHopeful wrote:Hey deadshot,

What do you think of Artest at SG? O:-)

Perfectly happy with it. Perfectly. I actually don't care whatsoever, as I'm too busy kicking myself for today being the day I decide to sit DeAndre Jordan in favor of Larry Sanders. (thought Sanders didn't do bad)
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby geodbear » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 am

Rounders Block wrote:
plonden wrote:
silentjim wrote:Chauncey Billups without hesitation said that Mike Brown was the best coach he ever played for and they asked him about Karl and he said Mike Brown again.

Please tell me you mean Larry Brown, Jim? To think that anyone -- let alone Chauncey Billups -- would say that Mike Brown is their favorite coach truly hurts my soul.

Yeah - he meant Larry Brown.

Yeah, Chauncey said Larry Brown. Speaking of Mike Brown, we have yet another Lakers loss. Nice to see.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

That Phoenix-Bobcat game had some surprising lines: Gortat's 7 blocks, Mullens 6 threes, Beasley's 15 reb and 7 ast. A nice sign for Charlotte was a 5/5 and 3 blocks for Biyombo in 20 min.

I've decided that Blowouts are some of the worst things in the fantasy world. Had Joe Johnson and Bosh put up awful shooting nights and also limited minutes.
I know all the attention is on the Lakers(deservedly so), but how can Boston be so bad? Wizards are missing 2 of their best players and they pushed the Celtics in both games. Can see you might have some adjustments to make with all the new faces, but that bench production has to be really disappointing to them.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby lastemp3ror » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:That Phoenix-Bobcat game had some surprising lines: Gortat's 7 blocks, Mullens 6 threes, Beasley's 15 reb and 7 ast. A nice sign for Charlotte was a 5/5 and 3 blocks for Biyombo in 20 min.

I've decided that Blowouts are some of the worst things in the fantasy world. Had Joe Johnson and Bosh put up awful shooting nights and also limited minutes.
I know all the attention is on the Lakers(deservedly so), but how can Boston be so bad? Wizards are missing 2 of their best players and they pushed the Celtics in both games. Can see you might have some adjustments to make with all the new faces, but that bench production has to be really disappointing to them.

I am going to put the Lakers and Celtics in the same boat. Too early in the season, and too many new faces for them to get into rhythm. If both teams are still losing consistently in 2-3 weeks, then the issue could be bigger than that.
lastemp3ror
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow the Clippers bowled over the Spurs. DeAndre Jordan was an absolute monster and you've gotta love Barnes as the enforcer on that team. They have a ton of pieces that appear to fit well but it'll be interesting to see if Odom and Billups give them anything later in the season.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers