Joe Johnson - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Joe Johnson

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Joe Johnson

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am

Just wanted some people's opinions on JoJo.
I was one of those people avoiding him pre-draft. But yikes, decreasing all across the board.

Is this just a slow start and he gets back to about 16-3-3 with 1.5 3ptm? Are you projecting him back to last year to 19-4-4 with 2.0 3ptm? Were you one of those people thinking with a real PG he would be better and somehow explodes and gets the magic 20+/5/5?

Comparing to another SG, are people like Mo Williams - Felton - JR Smith ahead of him now?
Vicious_Machine
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Johnson

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 am

3 games is too small of a sample. I think the FG% will correct itself so the scoring should be OK. The lack of assists worry me a little. Hard to say how much playing in a new system and alongside Williams changes that. his usage is down about 4 points this season. His rebounding is down too. Was never a huge FT guy, but he's down on those too this season. 31 years old. Definitely something to keep an eye on. Without the assists and rebounds his value takes a definite hit. I think I do like JR a little better as long as Stoudamire is out.
Mo Williams I couldn't even hazard a guess. He hasn't shot this well in ages, but that is a really good situation for him in Utah.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Vicious_Machine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm

ironically a drop in his assists total wouldnt bother me too much. he was only getting a 3.7 pg last year, and he was still a h2h force.
Gotta agree on shotting, it hasta get better. Might be a time to target this time a bit.

Any other feedback on him?
Vicious_Machine
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Was also on my draft avoid list. I expect he'll end up in the 16ish point range and approach 3 reb/asts. Most of his fantasy upside for this year will center on 3PTM. I expect that number to be over 2.0 come season's end.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby geodbear » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm

I think he gets better but definitely not up to last year. He won't play the same role, won't have the ball as much. NJ has more weapons overall, and a more ball dominant PG in DWill. Assists and rebounds will definitely be down. I think scoring will be in 17-18 ppg range. I don't see him getting 20+ ppg.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby kiamoyman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:41 pm

It's probably worth to wait a month or two to see if he gets his fantasy stats back. If not, trade him after a big game. :p
16 team Head to Head Each Category (PTS, BLK, STL, AST, REB, 3PM, FG%, FT%)

PG: D Collison, D Lillard, J Barea
SG: A Iguodala, K Thompson, J Redick
SF: L James, K Leonard
PF: E Ilysova, Ed Davis
C: G Monroe, L Sanders, S Hawes
kiamoyman
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 am

3-13 today(.231) !+) Joe Johnson please stop brutalising my FG%.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 am

JJ had been terrible and should feel bad about it. The only team I own him on was a tragic autodraft mistake, and it's been very,very, meh. He was on my draft day avoid list and I'd be much happier not owning him at all. I think he's going to suck pretty bad this year.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:JJ had been terrible and should feel bad about it. The only team I own him on was a tragic autodraft mistake, and it's been very,very, meh. He was on my draft day avoid list and I'd be much happier not owning him at all. I think he's going to suck pretty bad this year.

I don't dont think he will suck, but I'd much rather own Wesley Matthews or Klay Thompson and they can be had a couple rounds later.

I agree with RedHopeful's projections.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers