Bye bye Brown - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Bye bye Brown

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Bye bye Brown

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm

D'antoni may not be ready health-wise. Just had hip replacement surgery.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Apparently from Kobe's facebook page:

Tough day. I've seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I've been playing, it's still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight's game. We must block out the weight of today's news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

I'm not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
Mamba out
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 pm

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 am

Phil Jackson, who is a candidate to replace fired Lakers coach Mike Brown, has been replaced by actor Alan Alda as the keynote speaker at a Schwab conference next week in Chicago.
Jackson bailing on the conference could just be a coincidence, but you also have to think the Lakers had a replacement plan in place before letting Brown go. Mike D'Antoni, Jerry Sloan, Nate McMillan and Brian Shaw have all been mentioned as possible replacements, but this situation looks custom built for Jackson to ride in on his motorcycle and save the day.

Oh, it keeps getting better and better.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 pm

If/when LA gets back Phil back, he'll definitely fix this mess in LA. The triangle would definitely work out better for Nash at this stage of his career vs a Princeton offense. Dwight in it is just a complete disaster. Trying to teach the triangle with no preseason wouldn't be easy but it can't be any worse than the current results.

Can they swing a trade to get Odom back now? :-b
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:If/when LA gets back Phil back, he'll definitely fix this mess in LA. The triangle would definitely work out better for Nash at this stage of his career vs a Princeton offense. Dwight in it is just a complete disaster. Trying to teach the triangle with no preseason wouldn't be easy but it can't be any worse than the current results.

I don't know if it makes sense to implement the triangle now. Jackson wouldn't necessarily be able to get the assistants he'd want, no preseason, and Dwight.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby silentjim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm

geodbear wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:If/when LA gets back Phil back, he'll definitely fix this mess in LA. The triangle would definitely work out better for Nash at this stage of his career vs a Princeton offense. Dwight in it is just a complete disaster. Trying to teach the triangle with no preseason wouldn't be easy but it can't be any worse than the current results.

I don't know if it makes sense to implement the triangle now. Jackson wouldn't necessarily be able to get the assistants he'd want, no preseason, and Dwight.

Yeah, not sure Howard in the triangle makes sense, but then again Phil can probably do whatever he wants. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 pm

The Lakers had a meeting with Phil Jackson on Saturday morning about becoming their head coach.
The Lakers haven't met with any other coach and they're are "all in" on Phil, according to Yahoo! Sports. This will be a major story all weekend it's looking like Phil Jackson is the favorite for the job.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deadshot11 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Phil Jackson is expected to accept the Lakers' head coaching job in the coming days "unless something dramatic happens," according to the New York Times.
The Lakers have conducted phone interviews with fallback options Mike D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy, but that's merely a precaution. There's mutual interest between Jackson and L.A., and the Lakers will give the Zen Master whatever he wants, such as limited travel for road games and a massive annual salary. We suggest holding Lakers players in fantasy leagues, since a return to the triangle offense should be a boon to most players' values.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers