Could the Lakers benefit by trading Pau - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Could the Lakers benefit by trading Pau

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Could the Lakers benefit by trading Pau

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:41 pm

A lot has been made of the Lakers lack of bench depth. And the salary/luxury tax is somewhat of an issue. If you could move Pau for some Depth that might help the situation. I thought Houston might be an option but they really don't have the salaries to match so a 3rd team would be needed. Maybe Orlando: Some Combination of Hedo/Big/Baby/Ayon/Afflalo/Harrington. I guess the main question is would the other team benefit from acquiring Pau? Would either team benefit? Any one got any other good possibilities for a pau trade?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Could the Lakers benefit by trading Pau

Postby silentjim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 am

It's weird, but I think from a starting lineup standpoint LA would be better off with an outside shooting SF, not Metta World Peace. There are quite a few decent three point shooting decent defense playing young combo guys that they'd be smart to go after and increase their depth that way. I just don't think they're ever going to get fair value for Pau either.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 am

The fair value the Lakers wanted was Kyle Lowry. But instead, Houston traded him for players who were too irrelevant for me to remember their names. Pau works really well with Howard. I agree they need shooting at the 3. They thought Jodie Meeks would be the utility wingman, but so far, he's sucked.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:15 pm

I think we need to see who becomes the next coach before deciding if Pau should be traded. Obviously, Mike Brown is a terrible head coach who is clueless about offense. If they bring back Phil, he would find a way to utilize the team's strengths and overcome their lack of athleticism. If they bring in D'Antonio, then they should try again with Atlanta about getting Smoove. Pau for Smoove is clearly not in Atlanta's best interests but when it's the Lakers, every other team seems to be in a race to give them their best players for poor returns.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers