2012-13 Deep League/Dynasty Talk - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2012-13 Deep League/Dynasty Talk

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

2012-13 Deep League/Dynasty Talk

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Plenty of us nowadays have at least one league that is either quite deep or is of the dynasty variety. Thus, it's probably time to have a place where we can talk about emerging players from relative obscurity.

Gonna kick this off by mentioning two guys:

1) Meyers Leonard - Stotts isn't entirely happy with the Hickson/Aldridge starting duo. Against larger teams, they have trouble rebounding. Plus having all the scorers at the start of the game has made for perhaps the weakest bench in the league. No doubt Meyers is still learning with each passing game, but he seems to be getting it more often than not. I expect he'll be in the 24 minute neighborhood for at least the next couple of weeks but more importantly, his stat lines won't kill you like some other deep center gambles.

2) Alexey Shved - he's put together a couple of nice games and had a big part in the Wolves wins over BKN and IND. Supposedly last night's Roy injury wasn't anything serious, but we know his knees are like ticking timebombs. Shved has flashed all facets of the game at different times: passing, shooting, playmaking and defense. Considering his international experience, I like for him to adapt more quickly to the NBA than a number of rookies.

Some others to keep your eye on at this time: Festus Ezeli (Bogut ahead of him - all u need to know), TOR SF and C spots (Casey is mulling possible changes to his starting lineup) and Lance Stephenson (Gerald Green hasn't come close to running away with Granger's replacement spot).

Who do you guys like?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-13 Deep League/Dynasty Talk

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 pm

With D'Antoni in L.A., Jodie Meeks?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ggs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 am

RedHopeful wrote:2) Alexey Shved - he's put together a couple of nice games and had a big part in the Wolves wins over BKN and IND. Supposedly last night's Roy injury wasn't anything serious, but we know his knees are like ticking timebombs. Shved has flashed all facets of the game at different times: passing, shooting, playmaking and defense. Considering his international experience, I like for him to adapt more quickly to the NBA than a number of rookies.

i've seen a bit of his game early this year and i like what i see. with bud out and jj hurting, i think he may get a bigger stage to show what he can bring.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 144)

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am

I have this forlorn hope that Jeremy lamb sees Minutes somehow this season. :-/ I think as the season goes on that, if Lavoy Allen continues to struggle, Arnett Moultrie could get some burn. could be a useful REB, Blk, FG% guy. It's no secret how useful Ekpe Udoh can be in a deep league.
In my 20 team league I had a what am I doing moment. Picked up Troy Murphy %-6 . Sometimes you need a guy to give you a few boards and a three. :-L really. ;-7
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby silentjim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Watched Marquis Teague play some solid minutes for the Bulls last night with Hinrich out and Nate Rob getting destroyed by Rondo. Definitely still a ways away, but his raw talent is definitely there. He's explosive and can get to the rim with relative ease. I'd keep my eye on him.

I think people forget how young he is and how well liked he was out of high school and college.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 633)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Aminu and Shved have proven to be great pick ups that I targeted in a few of my deeper leagues.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 155)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:11 am

I'll recommend 2 players for this list:

1) Eric Bledsoe - Owned in 13% of leagues. I like what Bledsoe has done on a per minute basis in his 3rd year for the Clippers. He's got too much talent in the backcourt to get significant run with the Clippers but I think he could breakout if given the right opportunity. I'm not sure what his contract situation is but wouldn't be surprised to see him starting somewhere at some point...and with starters minutes, he'd be a very solid fantasy option. The question with Bledsoe is, "how will he get the opportunity?" With the next guy I'm listing, it's "when will he get the opportunity?"

2) Andre Drummond - He's owned in 11% of leagues and I'm sure a good amount of those are dynasty or deeper leagues. He's being brought along slowly but is already a per minute stud. Even with his 15.5 minutes per game so far in his rookie year, he's ranked 159th in 9-cat leagues, according to BBM. He is going to become a starter and a very fantasy friendly player at some point...potentially post-allstar break this season. I just added him in a standard 12 team, 13 player, redraft league, based on his potential for this year and I think he should be owned in every 12 team dynasty league.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 am

Keeping my eye on Andrew Nicholson now.
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Go Shaun Livingston??? :-o
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Go Shaun Livingston??? :-o

:-t :-t :-t

Another week and we've got new favorites again.

1) Marcus Morris - Patterson has been diagnosed with a bone bruise in his foot and sometimes those can keep players out for a good deal of time.
2) Greg Smith - McHale likes him enough that he's been finishing games of late.

Two that may or may not be on the WW:

1) Nick Young - Obviously w/o Holiday, he's getting run but there is a decent chance he could remain worthy once the point guard returns. Collins has favored him over Wright and JRich has significantly cooled.
2) Isaiah Thomas - Kings suck and he's had two useful outings in a row. With Smart at the helm, he's liable to make another change in his PG minutes at the drop of a hat.
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers