LA Clippers 4-2 (Home: 2-2)

Miami 5-1 (Road: 1-1) 6:00pm ET
Memphis 4-1 (Home: 2-0)

Cleveland 2-4 (Road: 1-3) 7:00pm ET
Oklahoma City 4-2 (Home: 3-1)

Sacramento 2-4 (Road: 0-3) 9:30pm ET
LA Lakers 2-4 (Home: 2-2)

You guys hear about this?

The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Elliott, the former Spurs star who serves as analyst on the locally produced telecasts of Spurs games, criticized Cousins for “talking trash” about Spurs captain Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter.

After overpowering Duncan for two baskets and drawing a shooting foul on the Spurs star with about five minutes left, Cousins bellowed to his teammates on the Kings’ bench after drawing a shooting foul on the future Hall of Famer.

Elliott paraphrased Cousins as saying, “I’m going to bust his (expletive).”

Elliott responded after Duncan blocked a Cousins shot at the rim and scored three baskets.

“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.

“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

SpursNation

At least Cousins waited until Elliot was done with his show. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 11-11-2012 Daily Thread

Postby The Thrill » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm

The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby geodbear » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby reptar15 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm

same and i need to make some game time decisions today
Weekly 10 team h2h standard 9 cats

pg: lowry, conley, hill
sg: mathews, leonard
sf: durant, hayward,
pf: ibaka, millsap, ilyasova, markieff morris
c: gortat, chandler, valanciunas, robin lopez
reptar15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby ggs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:05 pm

time to summon the genie!
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 am

Clippers in cruise control right now. That Bench with Bledsoe, Crawford supertough. If they get anything from Billups/Hill/Odom they can be amazing.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers