Why ESPN sucks - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Why ESPN sucks

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Why ESPN sucks

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Great read, here is an excerpt:

As a result, the steady stream of Tebow non-news is as much a part of ESPN's identity now as Chris Berman doing NFL highlights on Sunday night.

"It's great when they choose to flood the zone on a story that's really important—like the Pete Rose trial early in their history," Jim Miller said. "Nobody can do it the way they can, that's fantastic. But when they do it to a story that doesn't necessarily warrant the attention they're giving it, it gets confusing to viewers. It hurts your pedigree.

"It's kind of out of whack," he continued. "You risk losing an identity for a news organization that they've been building for 20 years."

Deadspin

I remember when I used to get tons of info from various ESPN programming. Now, I'm fortunate to just catch some type of live game once a week. Oh and if you don't remember, I'm a Skip Bayless hater. :-°

Curious how many others have given up on ESPN too...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Why ESPN sucks

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 pm

The Irony is they do have a lot of good reporters working for them. It's just that people tune in to see morons like this http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rick-reilly-claims-credit-roethlisberger-injury-story-earns-171226290--nfl.html Generally though i like ESPN's truehoop web coverage, and I like what Grantland is doing. But I'm guessing that's not as highly monetized as say their Monday night football coverage.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Re: Why ESPN sucks

Postby silentjim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 am

Linsanity? Anyone?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers