Denver 4-5 (Road: 2-4) 8:30pm ET
San Antonio 7-2 (Home: 3-1)

New Orleans 3-4 (Road: 1-1) 8:30pm ET
Milwaukee 5-2 (Home: 2-2)

Chicago 5-3 (Road: 2-0) 9:00pm ET
LA Clippers 6-2 (Home: 4-2)

Miami 7-3 (Road: 3-3) 9:00pm ET
Phoenix 4-6 (Home: 3-2)

The Kings have been painful for fan viewing yet again and last night the players had a player's only meeting. On top of that, Coach Smart is promising changes. In the short term, what would you do in SAC?

W/o a doubt, I'd make Evans the 6th man. Thornton takes his spot in the current starting 5. I'd also consider starting Hayes over Thompson for better balance (let JT finish games if he's faring well). Lastly, playing an 11 man rotation would be a thing of the past. So would the PG platoon. Pick a guy and go with him but the idiotic carousel has got to stop.

If I'm management, I look for a long term yet viable coach option. Have never been a Smart fan and this season has cemented it for me. They've been rebuilding since C-Webb and company disbanded so it's well past time to have moved in a positive direction.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 11-17-2012 Daily Thread

Postby ggs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm

not sure how well tyreke would play off the bench. if he's in the lineup you have to put the ball in his hands. i'd go tyreke/thornton/JJ/thompson/cousins. maybe IT will do well with the second unit. agree that you could swap hayes / JT if you want more scoring off the bench.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)

Re: 11-17-2012 Daily Thread

Postby bujfan2030 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

The biggest problem for that team is they don't seem to have any lineups that are good defensively... I think you're right Red. They need Thornton with that group to spread the floor. one of their best lineups last season offensively(SSS) was Thomas-Thornton-Salmons-Thompson -Cousins. I'm not saying start salmons(dude finished with a PER of 9)
but.... James Johnson Career 28% from 3, Salmons career 36%, Jimmer 36%, Aaron Brooks career 36% from 3.... So it's sort of pick your poison.Thomas is pretty good too from 3 just having problems with his assist rate. Really don't understand Smart limiting his minutes. still has one of the better TS%'s and eFG%'s on the team. Tyreke TS% of 45%. Gets to the line 3 times a game. His rookie year
he went to the line 6 times a game. It seems like his injuries have taken a toll as that # has gone down every year. According to Hoop Data his attempts at the rim are down to a career low this season so far. He's not an effective shooter from any other spot on the floor. He should be starting why?
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: 11-(17+18)-2012 Daily Thread

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 am

Didn't watch the game but I see Smart made the pathetic expected changes. Brooks and Salmons over IT and JJ. Also, he continued to play just about the entire bench. Dude really has no idea what he's doing.

Also, the organization will always be subpar if they still think Evans is someone to build around.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby bleedtheblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 am

RedHopeful wrote:Also, the organization will always be subpar if they still think Evans is someone to build around.

Bingo.

Also, I have watched them play a few times this year and they have to be one of, if not the worst coached teams in the league. Their coach could not have a less appropriate surname. I can't put all the blame on Smart. That is not a group of players with high bball IQs.
bleedtheblack
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Fantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby geodbear » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 am

bleedtheblack wrote:Also, I have watched them play a few times this year and they have to be one of, if not the worst coached teams in the league. Their coach could not have a less appropriate surname. I can't put all the blame on Smart. That is not a group of players with high bball IQs.

When he coached the Warriors, there were some fans who referred to him as Keith "Dumb". And definitely, the players on that Kings squad doesn't do him any favors. I think Petrie has to take some responsibility for putting the team together and for all the coaches hired since Adelman, and the Maloofs as well. So overall Kings are bad because of everything - players, coaches, management, and ownership. Really, it's time to start at the top and have the Maloofs sell the team.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 219)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers