Klay Thompson - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Klay Thompson

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Klay Thompson

Postby starbuzzhead » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 am

Should I hold on Klay? He's really starting to irritate me. Then his minutes tonight! Only 23! I suppose it was probably because he was sick the other night, but he's literally the worst player on my team right now. He just can't seem to pull it together. Should I hold? What can I do with this guy? Offer him up in a 2 for 1? Pick up a waiver wire guy for him? Metta? Someone else?

Here's my current lineup: Damian Lillard, Rajon Rondo, Kemba Walker, Kevin Love, Wesley Matthews, Vucevic, Ryan Anderson, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Josh Smith, Derek Favors, Faried

League stats: MIN, FG%, FTA, FT%, 3PT, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, T

(I'm low in FG%, FT%, 3PT%, REB, ST, BLK)
starbuzzhead
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Klay Thompson

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I think Klay Thompson is an excellent buy low candidate. I'm actively pursuing him in my leagues.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Thrill » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:05 pm

I just dropped Klay in a standard yahoo public league. But that's because I think I can get him back later if I want to (it's a public league and activity only exists amongst a handful of managers).

Here are some ranks to chew on.
Dec 2011 = 315
Jan 2012 = 182
Feb 2012 = 188
Mar 2012 = 84
Apr 2012 = 48
11-12 Season =124
12-13 Season (so far) = 191

Note: Stephen Curry did not play between these dates:
Jan 6 to Jan 18
Feb 28 to Mar 4 (a blip of 3 minutes played one game)
Mar 13 on.....

I don't know if there is a connection between Klay's performance when Curry is on the court, or not. A very brief look at the numbers could suggest there is. But would love to hear opinions on that matter.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Not sure if we should be looking too much into Klay's splits... We only have one season to base it off of, and he was getting double the minutes after march 13th since he wasn't a starter before that date.

I also think a healthy Stephen Curry benefits the whole team. And I think it especially benefits 3 point shooters like Thompson.

I'm not worried about Klay, he will come around. Definitely not a guy I would drop or sell low on.
NikkiSixx
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 30)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm

His shot just isn't going down, no matter how open. This was also the case at the beginning of last season. It seems to be getting to him, and the rest of his game is suffering. I think it is reasonably likely that his shot will come around, and with it the rest of his game. Not sure why he's starting slow.
Fantasy Sports Genie
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 17)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Shooters slump right? Perhaps Klay just decided to have one of his dry spells at the start of the year?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers